Cutting Question

Seno Ypsamee

Well-Known Member
OK, what would you recommend someone that cannot cut with scissors well, and is doing Pepakura/Armor Making for the first time and they need the Pepakura cut-outs as perfect as can be, to use for cutting the designs out?

I was thinking of using a box cutter, would that work?
 

Sikarian

Jr Member
Run to your nearest store, buy yourself a cheap-o $1.5-$2 Xacto knife. Best thing ever for cutting. The blade will dull over time, so if you plan on cutting A LOT buy a pack of extra blades for another buck or two. You can get clean lines drawing like you would a pen.

Aint nothing else worth trying to use to cut this stuff.
 

Seno Ypsamee

Well-Known Member
Sikarian said:
Run to your nearest store, buy yourself a cheap-o $1.5-$2 Xacto knife. Best thing ever for cutting. The blade will dull over time, so if you plan on cutting A LOT buy a pack of extra blades for another buck or two. You can get clean lines drawing like you would a pen.

Aint nothing else worth trying to use to cut this stuff.
Aren't those basically small box cutters?

Luckily, my dad's an electrician/carpenter (I guess...) so I'm sure he has an Xacto knife with tons of blades, thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sikarian

Jr Member
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Aren't those basically small box cutters?

Luckily, my dad's an electrician/carpenter (I guess...) so I'm sure he has an Xacto knife with tons of blades, thanks!
Boxcutters are kind of awkward and square. You could use one, its all just a razor blade, but with the xacto knife, its shaped like a pencil so its much more natural and easier to use.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Seno Ypsamee

Well-Known Member
Sikarian said:
Boxcutters are kind of awkward and square. You could use one, its all just a razor blade, but with the xacto knife, its shaped like a pencil so its much more natural and easier to use.
ok, thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

drgon47

Well-Known Member
Whats wrong with scissors :p thats all Ive used and my stuff looks pretty decent IMO. But yeah, to those hard to reach spots, xacto would be worth the few bucks.
 

Seno Ypsamee

Well-Known Member
drgon47 said:
Whats wrong with scissors :p thats all Ive used and my stuff looks pretty decent IMO. But yeah, to those hard to reach spots, xacto would be worth the few bucks.
Well... i suck with scissors...

thanks for that pic Evil Femle, I have TONS of those from when me and my brother used to build model cars!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top