Daedric lord Bryon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having trouble starting a new post in the creation discussion area so I am hoping it this will still get some attention in a decent time. I will soon be posting many new pics on this since the new armor is almost to a 1/2 way point, bondo and details are in touch up stages in most of the armor, so stay tuned.

Anyway here is the dilemma I am currently in, I need a flexible neck seal. I was at first considering making some templates and cutting it from either a soft leather or even just spring for a Underarmour neck seal for hot environments. Another option I was considering was going with some dragonskin flexable rubber or a flexfoam-it III or something like that but I am afraid those solutions would be hot/sweaty/rigid or other. I have added a pic of how I was thinking of making mine. The underarmour kind is like a ski mask and I want to avoid a total head covering to keep the heat in the helm down.
neckseal.jpg

If anyone has any experiance with a near skintight neck seal, materials used, how to seal it up or any tips at all with any of my thoughts feel free to toss them at me.

in the mean time here are a few comparrison shots of old and new helm details or lack there of.
DSC00476.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

and here is a chest pic. keep in mind these are older pics.
DSC00491.jpg

For the most part I am simply re using most of the original armor I made, I am simply adding to it using bondo or clay and when I'm happy with the look I have been making molds of it for fast re production. Some of the things i am using for textures are those 4x2 overhead drop light covers used I'm many buildings. They provide a uniform pattern and are quite pointy if you use the back side of them.

What I did for them is I drew out on the original armor piece where I wanted this spiky texture to be, then using the Dremmel I cut that section out. With that section removed (from say the boot) I traced that removed chunk onto the drop light plastic and then cut that out. Next I took the heat gun and warmed up the shaped drop light section till it was bendable and draped it over the original part I cut out so it had roughly the same curve to fit (say the boot). Then simply bondo it in place from the inside of the part, and used clay to fill the tiny depression points that didn't match up to well.

I would post more detailed pics on that but I currently have next to 0 Internet and am actually out in the snow standing at the neighbors house mooching off their wifi. ( parents live in the boonies in Montana )

On a side note I could use some advice on something's. I would really like to put a on board camera hidden in the helmet so I can capture people's response to this new armor, but am having a heck of a time finding a good camera. I thought of one of them GoPro cameras but its to big to fit in the helmet. Granted I could put it in the chest, but then I'd look like robocop having to turn my chest to get the camera to see what I want. God forbid I want to look up or down. So I'm asking if anyone knows of a good HD mini or spy camera that would be small enough to fit in a helmet, have the battery life I need and be able to get 5-7 hours of recording. I could always change the battery from time to time but it would need to be a quick thing.

Next up is I have a desire to have smoke rolling out from the shoulders. I was considering burning a small incense but I'd have to replace them rather frequently. Another thought was that model train smoke, put the liquid in a sealed container in the shoulders but put a few smoke escape holes in it to do the job. If anyone has some ideas on either of these issues please let me know, as I am really trying to go way overboard for this years Renn fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back