Daflea's Iron Man Build WiP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaFlea

IronMan-Build-Banner-850x219.jpg

Well after taking a huge amount of time off I have decided to spend some this winter to work on my Iron Man helmet.

I would like to thank dung0beetle for his hard work on a great pep file of the Helmet. I can only hope that I have the correct Variant listed above because there seems to be so many versions.

Anyway after getting an early xmas gift of the Silhouette SC cutter I decided to get the ball rolling once again. There is something about spending days cutting paper that is so boring, but so satisfying watching a machine cut it for you.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Wow those Silhouette is awesome. Your pepin is super clean I like it so far. The only thing I see is the helm looks a tad small but that might just be the picture. Keep up the good work I can't wait to see some more.

That cutter is pretty sweet!

Your doing some clean nice work! Keep it up man... look forward to seeing your progress :)

Cujo3131

As the rpoud owner of one of those contraptions, I can vouch the it is $200 well spent. As shown in this thread, it makes pepping out much easier, faster, and cleaner.

Nice pep work. Keep us the good work.

@Grave Hawk
I have been toying with the scale and from what I had read that Pep was already scaled for a 6' person. I even when as far as building two helms one being larger. How ever it was a lot larger so It will end up being a bust for my brother-in-law desk since he is an avid Iron Man fan.

I could be wrong but it seems that the suite should be a tight as possible with some play room.

@cujo3131 and Hickeydog
Thanks for the words and yes the cutter is worth the money invested. I cant tell you how many projects I started cutting by hand only to find out my wife has miss places my project, most of the time the trash can. lol

Anyway here is a couple of more pics of the progress..

12.jpg

13.png

14.png

Well I was able to advantage of the nice weather we have been experiencing. With that I managed to get a coat of resin on the helm and with the help of my heat gun it is now dry.

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

Nice blonde.....

ummm.... I mean Helmet.... some nice looking working going on there!

cujo3131

BTW....how hard is it to set your cutter up for Pepping? How well does it cut? Think it would cut vinyl?

Just curious... I have a roll of faux carbon fiber vinyl that might actualy get used now :p

Nice blonde.....

ummm.... I mean Helmet.... some nice looking working going on there!

cujo3131

BTW....how hard is it to set your cutter up for Pepping? How well does it cut? Think it would cut vinyl?

Just curious... I have a roll of faux carbon fiber vinyl that might actualy get used now :p

Setting up the cutter is not that difficult for pep if you follow the sticky you should have it working in no time.

The cutter was really designed for vinyl and the company I purchased it though was kind enough to add three small rolls of vinyl as a bonus. The blond has been hanging in my garage for a few years now, I haven't had the heart to switch month on the calendar because she looks so good.

Wow, great job so far! I got a feeling this is going to turn out pretty sweet.
Off topic a little, which pep file did you use? Also do you have a link? That file seems perfect
for me to build with.

EDIT: Nevermind, re-read the topic, sorry about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back