Damn grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

Is anyone here taking school?
Has anyone ever had those times were you freakin' know everything about it, and yet somehow end up with a bad grade.

Well its happened to me, I have a B in both....Math and science....My best subjects...

ARRGHAF!

Just recently I got a 28/50 for a science project packet, which is understandable. But I always get lower grades in quiz's and tests because of how I do it. I dont write it out, I usually write it out, and add a sentance. My science teacher sucks so grades come of because I need to elaborate.

Math is math. I understand, know, and live math. But always some stupid mistake. Like wrote 15, then mistakengly wrote 15, but a dot appeared and it looked like 1.5. ENTIRE THING IS WRONG.

A B is good, C is counted average, so if you have a B, your above average, then an A, your smart!

I am good with all my classes, except math and foreign language, I already know 2 other languages, why do I need another which isnt even used in the USA. Then math....I'm not good at intense thinking.

My friend once told me C is average for someone who works at burger king or who has George Bush as a name.
I always get good grades in Math and Science. It just sucks that this year im not.

Ah well, have you guys ever had anything like this? I mean except the guy who doesn't write numbers.

Uhh yeah in science every time. I tried to explain to him that you cant freeze pure water, and he challenged me. So he said ok lets look it up. We did and all we found was the "basic" water freezes at 32 degrees. I told him no this is on a to much of a basic level. So hes like fine...so we went to the physics teacher and he sided with me lol. And now he hates me. Lol. I correct him alot. I like to challenge the unchallengeable. Like to say global warming is fake....as it is.

A: global warming is not fake

B: memorizing words and numbers from a book doesn't define how "smart" or "intelligent" you are. its how you think about things and how fast you can comprehend different subjects....

Yeah it is fake... Simply because of this:

Heat causes evaporation
Sustained evaporation causes rain
Rain collects CO2 in air and traps it and places back into the earth

Its been going on for quite a while now...

Also there is no such thing as "pure water". Distilled is what your talking about, and thats simply water with nothing in it.
The reason it wont freeze is ice is pretty much just crystal's. Crystal only forms of structures in the water that can sustain growth. Plastic wont have anything growing, only the metals in tap water or salt water will do such a thing.
Just youtube it for a better explanation.

Anyhoo, saying someone is an idiot and proving it, doesnt really challenge much.

Me I'm a welder and I studing in that and you can be sure that the only math, science I got in my head it's for plan making and metal fusion.

my Spanish grade is better than my English grade, and I'm American.

some how i don't really get a good grade in history though.

all i do is show up, show the class how im smarter than the teacher, go home and find out that i making a 95. haha

school is easy for me for some reason, and for that reason my dad seems to think that i can get into the air force academy.

Sometimes teachers grade on a slope, like say math, if you had the right logic but forgot a step and got the wrong answer, you might get like half credit for that problem just because you could have done it right with the formula you wrote, but you just didnt do it right. Then there are teachers who say, "nope, the final answer was wrong, 0 points for that question!'

CemreTas said:
Yeah it is fake... Simply because of this:

Heat causes evaporation
Sustained evaporation causes rain
Rain collects CO2 in air and traps it and places back into the earth
I disagree - I say that Global Warming is in fact happening. The American Industrial Revolution did an unknown amount of damage to the environment. That's not even looking at the industrial advances in other developed and developing countries.

And if you'd like to debate this further, do this: The next time it gets hot out in your area, take off your shoes through the grass. Lay down, gaze at the sky. Now get up and head over to the driveway or the street. Lay down, gaze up at the sky for as long as you can. Which was warmer? The Grass? Or the Pavement? Now take into account the amount of paved area that exists now as compared to 200 years ago. Hmmm, there are a lot more gigantic mall parking lots now than there were back when Jefferson was buying up land, wouldn't you say?

And if you've ever been to LA, you probably know exactly what SMOG looks like. That stuff is like putting saran wrap over the city. Tell me that doesn't warm things up a bit - and then realize that very few countries in the world have environmental policies in place to keep pollutants down. Mexico City's air makes LA seem like a nice fresh evening in the country.

But lastly, if you read your books like you read the stickies here, Cemretas, you may never get a good grade. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vader said:
I disagree - I say that Global Warming is in fact happening. The American Industrial Revolution did an unknown amount of damage to the environment. That's not even looking at the industrial advances in other developed and developing countries.

And if you'd like to debate this further, do this: The next time it gets hot out in your area, take off your shoes through the grass. Lay down, gaze at the sky. Now get up and head over to the driveway or the street. Lay down, gaze up at the sky for as long as you can. Which was warmer? The Grass? Or the Pavement? Now take into account the amount of paved area that exists now as compared to 200 years ago. Hmmm, there are a lot more gigantic mall parking lots now than there were back when Jefferson was buying up land, wouldn't you say?

And if you've ever been to LA, you probably know exactly what SMOG looks like. That stuff is like putting saran wrap over the city. Tell me that doesn't warm things up a bit - and then realize that very few countries in the world have environmental policies in place to keep pollutants down. Mexico City's air makes LA seem like a nice fresh evening in the country.

But lastly, if you read your books like you read the stickies here, Cemretas, you may never get a good grade. ;)

I have a few books for fun. I just checked out 4,000 pages of pure physics just for entertainment. When I go to the library I pick out books of physics, rocketry, weapon structure, chemistry, and comedy.
The alphabet seems to fit comedy, correct me if Im wrong.

Anway saying a specific thing does not change anything. Simply because there is a few parking lots where the asphalt absorbs and sustains the heat instead of releasing it such as the WET grass does, does not mean the temperature is hotter completely. Say your little LA is super smogy, right? So? There have been times in every time line where a specific place temperature flucuates or is just generally higher or lower then everywhere else. Like for example, the area near China, japan, and russia has huge hurricanes because of the warm climate in the water area combined with the freezing water, there hurricanes are frequent and very violent. Yet...
You do not say there is a Hurricane problem. Because it always happened.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/temperature/

Hell the link has edu in it.

But I seriously cannot get over the last sentance, you act just like those kids at gym act. They hit me when my back is turned. It piss's me off, I always yell at them to fight me like a man, but they resort to kicking my legs when im not looking.
Pathetic.

Edit:
Meh so what? I thought this was the forums, if I didnt read the stickies then bleh. Just click back and your out of my thread. No need to say "READ TEH STICKIES NOOB" or junk like that. Well that was a dramazitation, but you get the point.

ARRRGH I am tired.

Hate to break up your guys rants but the issue is not even that Global Warming is happening.

What we know is that the earth has been noticeably warming on average during the last 60 years. This raises 2 questions. Is it our fault? If so, how much of it is our fault?

The earth has many long-term climate cycles based on the wobble of the axis, obliquity of orbit, eccentricity of orbit etc. So are we in a natural warming trend?

We know based on stable isotopic climate records that we have changed the isotopic value of the CO2 in the atmosphere and increased its amount by almost 100% since 1830.

However, there were times prior to 1830 in recorded human history (think little Ice Age, Medieval Warm Period, etc) where CO2 was either higher or lower than present, so who's to say that us pumping all that extra CO2 into the air isn't "outside of the natural equilibrium"?

That is the question that we must answer.

Sigma-LS said:
Hate to break up your guys rants but the issue is not even that Global Warming is happening.

What we know is that the earth has been noticeably warming on average during the last 60 years. This raises 2 questions. Is it our fault? If so, how much of it is our fault?

The earth has many long-term climate cycles based on the wobble of the axis, obliquity of orbit, eccentricity of orbit etc. So are we in a natural warming trend?

We know based on stable isotopic climate records that we have changed the isotopic value of the CO2 in the atmosphere and increased its amount by almost 100% since 1830.

However, there were times prior to 1830 in recorded human history (think little Ice Age, Medieval Warm Period, etc) where CO2 was either higher or lower than present, so who's to say that us pumping all that extra CO2 into the air isn't "outside of the natural equilibrium"?

Yeah but the thing is. People are always told its "Greenhouse gas's overheating everything" because thats the super dumbed down version of "Theres a tremendous amount of things that we need to study, but saying greenhouse as a buffer makes you think we know what were talking about"

What do I mean? Hell if I know.

Sigma-LS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and this is just off the top of my head, but doesn't CO2 only make up less than 1% of the air we breathe? Also, I've heard that one volcanic eruption gives off more carbon emissions than anything mankind has ever pumped into the atmosphere. Now I know your a geologist, so you know your stuff, and if thats true, it seems like we have a very minute part in "Global Warming".

lionheart912 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and this is just off the top of my head, but doesn't CO2 only make up less than 1% of the air we breathe? Also, I've heard that one volcanic eruption gives off more carbon emissions than anything mankind has ever pumped into the atmosphere. Now I know your a geologist, so you know your stuff, and if thats true, it seems like we have a very minute part in "Global Warming".
Yeah thats the thing. Some ass came over to my middle school last year to talk about how we need to fix global warming. When I suggested that why dont we pump algae spores into the atmosphere because they absorb CO2 and turn into oxygen. However he then replied "Yes, but CO2 is a small part."
After like 5 minutes of thinking, and having to talk to someone else for an answer he came up with that.

Ill give the guy credit, he must have thought everyone in that class did not know better.

Anyway the thing is, just as sigma said. We do play a small role. The carbon we emit can raise temperature from 75 to 82, a tolerated temperature. However a slight invert on the axis can turn a winter 40 to a summers 89, in January.
Unless our machines somehow gains weight, humans cant affect anything enough to be responsible for global warming.

Plus even if global warming is true and were all going to die from heat, we always have nuclear winter up our sleeves.

CemreTas said:
Plus even if global warming is true and were all going to die from heat, we always have nuclear winter up our sleeves.
sounds like fun, I get a free snowmobile though [/sarcasm]

Anyway, back on topic, yeah my grades have been drifting towards B's this past quarter, probably cause of my growing social life (finally), and time lost from Christmas break (nothing against break though). Oh well, theres always midterms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back