Dancin_Fool's 3D Model Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finhead said:
No way, you mean like right here. :p :lol

forearm+missile.jpg

ugh! lol, on the backside, directly underneath that part

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand the pain of the grooves. I try to make them a separate part, so they are easier to assemble, but there turns out to be a whole lot of them in the end. :(

Hopefully Mr Fool comes out with the MD version, that way I can make a cleaner, sexier unfold. :D

Finhead said:
Hope DF doesn't mind. But if your talking about the ab section, he has not built it yet, what there are links to is what has been done. You'll have to use pieces from other builds unless you want to wait for him to finish. ;)

okay I'll just wait then xd

Hey Guys, while I should have probably been working on my costume for the wedding reception( yeah costumed wedding reception on Halloween :D ), I just had to do some work on Iron Man. The legs are still very early, calves just have some of the basic shape to them. I'll also be keeping a tight watch on the size of the width of the legs, I know that's one of the biggest complaints with the legs which are currently out there, these will be very roomy when they're done.

ironarmormar12e.jpg

As far as medium def or changes to parts I won't be revisiting any of the pieces until the core of the work is done. Then I'll go back and clean pieces up.

Finhead said:
Very nice start, looks awesome. Guess you didn't need my feedback, got it figured out in a great way . :cool

Hey Finhead, I'd still love to hear any feedback you have on the other legs. Still a long way to go on these ones.

Here's a question for everyone, I'd like to get some feedback on. Seems like there aren't really any fans of the small valley details on things like the forearms/chest/pelvis. I'm wondering if they help in the end or if they just get in the way? Is there anything I can do to make them easier like maybe make them a little deeper and a little wider to make them easier to pep?

Dancin_Fool said:
Hey Finhead, I'd still love to hear any feedback you have on the other legs. Still a long way to go on these ones.

Here's a question for everyone, I'd like to get some feedback on. Seems like there aren't really any fans of the small valley details on things like the forearms/chest/pelvis. I'm wondering if they help in the end or if they just get in the way? Is there anything I can do to make them easier like maybe make them a little deeper and a little wider to make them easier to pep?

Ok i'll see what I can get sent out tonight or on the weekend. Still never finished what I was working on.

IMO the arm files are perfect the way they are, if a person doesn't like the file move to another. A guy could always skip the valleys if need by adding in a straight section under anyway, no need to mess with a very good file. OF course this is my opinion, what do I know being brand new to this. :) The only thing I would change in any of your files if it was easy would be the upper spin section on the back. But again that is an easy fix to just cut down so it sits below the flaps, only thing I'd change the rest is all in the finishing.

I love your work so much! This astonishes me at how much detail you put into each File. Are you thinking of making the ab armor as well because I would love a good file for that piece.

Thanks so much Dancin_Fool!

Finhead said:
Ok i'll see what I can get sent out tonight or on the weekend. Still never finished what I was working on.

IMO the arm files are perfect the way they are, if a person doesn't like the file move to another. A guy could always skip the valleys if need by adding in a straight section under anyway, no need to mess with a very good file. OF course this is my opinion, what do I know being brand new to this. :) The only thing I would change in any of your files if it was easy would be the upper spin section on the back. But again that is an easy fix to just cut down so it sits below the flaps, only thing I'd change the rest is all in the finishing.

Cool, that's kind of what I thought as well. I'll keep building the way I've been building. Which part of the upper spine section were you talking about?

Spartan 051 said:
so what does this look like with it shaded smooth and rendered better? do love the wires

Looking great though

I haven't spent anytime setting up smoothing groups and what not so the renders don't look too good, I also don't know too much about mental ray and getting all the materials setup. That's why I always just take screenshots of max lol.

The King Cobra said:
I love your work so much! This astonishes me at how much detail you put into each File. Are you thinking of making the ab armor as well because I would love a good file for that piece.

Thanks so much Dancin_Fool!

I'm glad you like my work :D I will definitely eventually be doing the abs and spine as well.

Dancin_Fool said:

I for one think these cracks and valleys are not really necessary. in fact, some of them are just near downright impossible to pep. these cracks can be re-created later on with bondo and foamies anyways.

Iron Mang said:
I for one think these cracks and valleys are not really necessary. in fact, some of them are just near downright impossible to pep. these cracks can be re-created later on with bondo and foamies anyways.

Foamies? Really on an Ironman suit. :eek :p I for one think if DF went the exrta mile to make a nice accurate model, which I'm sure took wayy to long the least a guy could do is go the extra in your build. If you don't like a part in the pep skip it or cut a piece to fill over or whatever, I just don't think it would be fair or right to go backwards on these files and make DF do any more work. Again this is JMO so..... :cool

well yeah, thats what i've been doing, just skipping them, and taking note for later. someone on here created a really good tutorial on how to add cracks, ledges, and raises with foamies, so thats the method I am going to do.

Good news dancinfool! i just bought the pep password, and im a modeler myself too! if i have your thumbs up, i can de-crack the files you made!

Hey Dancin_Fool. I am building your Iron Man pep files because they absolutely amazing but I ran into a problem for the forearm. Its a great model but has a weird groove in the upper raised area of the forearm. It will be so much easier if it did not contain this annoying groove. Just giving you a heads up. Thanks for all your files so much, they are helping me a lot.

The King Cobra said:
Hey Dancin_Fool. I am building your Iron Man pep files because they absolutely amazing but I ran into a problem for the forearm. Its a great model but has a weird groove in the upper raised area of the forearm. It will be so much easier if it did not contain this annoying groove. Just giving you a heads up. Thanks for all your files so much, they are helping me a lot.

yeah those grooves in the lower forearm are hard, but just be patient and you'll get it eventually.

Dancin_Fool said:

While your files are in a long queue of awesome builds to attempt, in my experience the extra details are a super pain in the butt. And yet it looks so much better on the pep, and the challenge is fun. Is it so hard for us to rise to the challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back