Dancin_Fool's 3D Model Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dancin Fool and fellow Iron Man lovers/builders/whatever,

I downloaded the generously distributed files and I noticed (or I think) that the flaps posted are only the right ones?

Am I doing something wrong? Should they just be mirrored? :S

Hanzsel said:
Hi Dancin Fool and fellow Iron Man lovers/builders/whatever,

I downloaded the generously distributed files and I noticed (or I think) that the flaps posted are only the right ones?

Am I doing something wrong? Should they just be mirrored? :S

Some parts are symetrical so they're the same for both sides, some will need to be flipped in Pepakura Designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonny said:
Some parts are symetrical so they're the same for both sides, some will need to be flipped in Pepakura Designer.

Found it,

Thanks

Buxzzix said:
Man... Your armor is awesome... I cnt wait to see finished model.

Hmm... You need hands, ab, and boots. Keep up good work.

unheared said:
DF will you ever be making a spine for you ironman ?

Yeah those will eventually be completed though the project is on hold for a bit, just no time right now between work and things for the wedding. Just want to thank everyone for answering any questions that come up in this thread, it's mucho appreciated! I also updated the first post with some new pics of all the armor pieces taken from pep designer with it's fancy new screen space ambient occlusion filter.

Dancin_Fool said:
I believe the default scale is 1.525 which is scaled to fit a 6 foot tall person.

Sweet that just means ill just have to use my awesome math skills and make it 5'9 Friendly lol.

Namauri said:
Sweet that just means ill just have to use my awesome math skills and make it 5'9 Friendly lol.

That's easy leave it alone. It wont make much difference. Mine is standard scale and fit my buddy who is 5' 9" just as well as it fits me 5' 10.5". It has some leeway to it.

Dancin_Fool said:
I believe the default scale is 1.525 which is scaled to fit a 6 foot tall person.

Absolutely awesome work DF. I am really diggin your work. Had a quick question. You say that the armor you have provided so far is for a 6 foot tall man. I am 6 feett 4 inches. How much more, if any would you scale the armor to? Thanks again to all who had a hand in these great files. Maybe I'll be able to contribute on day soon!

vshore100 said:
Absolutely awesome work DF. I am really diggin your work. Had a quick question. You say that the armor you have provided so far is for a 6 foot tall man. I am 6 feett 4 inches. How much more, if any would you scale the armor to? Thanks again to all who had a hand in these great files. Maybe I'll be able to contribute on day soon!

So your 6 "foot" 4" :p I would scale up approx 7% based on that and see if the dimensions work for ya. Measure yourself for whatever part your building and see if it's going to fit with a bit of room for padding etc.. I would start at a scale of 1.62 and see how it goes.

Finhead said:
So your 6 "foot" 4" :p I would scale up approx 7% based on that and see if the dimensions work for ya. Measure yourself for whatever part your building and see if it's going to fit with a bit of room for padding etc.. I would start at a scale of 1.62 and see how it goes.

Is my height funny to you , lol?! I am going to start on the neck next. Does that mean I should scale each piece to 1.62? :D

vshore100 said:
Is my height funny to you , lol?! I am going to start on the neck next. Does that mean I should scale each piece to 1.62? :D

No just your use of wording. "feet" No I would measure and see where you need to be for scale. You might end up smaller in the neck area or larger. Mine I had to scale way back to fit me but that was to fit inside my helmet opening. ;)

Finhead said:
No just your use of wording. "feet" No I would measure and see where you need to be for scale. You might end up smaller in the neck area or larger. Mine I had to scale way back to fit me but that was to fit inside my helmet opening. ;)

I said that wrong,lol, I actually thought about that before I typed it, guess that makes it even worse.:unsure Oh well, anyway, I'll just have to play with the neck then. So did yours still fit inside the top of the torso fine, was still covered on the edges? By the way thanks finhead, I appreciate it! Oh and sorry, not trying to hijack your thread DF.

vshore100 said:
I said that wrong,lol, I actually thought about that before I typed it, guess that makes it even worse. :unsure Oh well, anyway, I'll just have to play with the neck then. So did yours still fit inside the top of the torso fine, was still covered on the edges? By the way thanks finhead, I appreciate it! Oh and sorry, not trying to hijack your thread DF.

You can see it if you click the link in my sig. It worked fine IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back