dang thats a lot of pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cab

well I finished cutting the mark VI helmit this morning.I was wonder if there is a good starting point for gluing .I,m using a Tracing Wheel for sewing to make the folds.It perforates the folds to go either direction.And you dont have to worry about cutting through the flap because of the spaces in between.You can also see the dotted line for both valley and mtn. folds for accuracy.I hope it fits>

when i made my helmet i had pepakura open in front of me and i just started with the biggest peice i could and worked out from there.

I'm sure everyone has their own way of putting them together, and my method for helmet's, is to start at the top and work down. If it is an HD helmet, I will piece together sections separately, then put them all together. Any way you choose to do it, just take you time and I recommend that you glue all the little pieces together first to make a larger piece. It is a real pain to try and glue them in when you have next to no finger room.

I agree with having the pepakura file open in front of you for a reference. Saves you from hunting numbers as much.

I'm sure everyone has their own way of putting them together, and my method for helmet's, is to start at the top and work down. If it is an HD helmet, I will piece together sections separately, then put them all together. Any way you choose to do it, just take you time and I recommend that you glue all the little pieces together first to make a larger piece. It is a real pain to try and glue them in when you have next to no finger room.

I agree with having the pepakura file open in front of you for a reference. Saves you from hunting numbers as much.

I prefer starting with the bottom, but other than that, I fully agree.

One more thing though: Be careful with that wheel thingy you're using. Some folds are only like 2 mm long and perforating those fold lines even partially will take off the whole flap really fast.

yup same with me i had the program open in front of me and yes the large parts are always what i start with, but sometimes i don't have the program open in front of me and just use the edge id to work

i find the Number 1 and start from there. and just build off of it. but my last 2 prints have been without numbers.(hd mkvi chest and hd mkvi cod.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back