Data Storage Module (Reach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDBDesigns

Member DIN
S894
I'm beginning a model for the Data Storage Module from Halo Reach. This is mostly to help me improve my own modeling skills, but I also am hoping to add this to my halo reach Armor. My hope is to accurately model the module and to add lighting as well as a "hovering" cortana data chip inside. I'll be sure to keep updating as I go along with it!

Attachments

• Data storage in hands.jpg
    Data storage in hands.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 135
  • Data Storage module high poly.png
    Data Storage module high poly.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Data Storage module.png
    Data Storage module.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 134
After a couple hours I've gotten the basis of it made, I plan on modelling the lower plug section to house a battery and some wiring/lights so it can actually be a functioning prop after I've modeled the whole thing. I'll work on it some more tomorrow probably, but I'll be sure to post any updates as I go along.

Data Storage module so far.PNGData Storage module so far2.PNG

Small update for this morning before I head into work. I was able to quickly get the interior lighting area made where the Cortana chip would float(?)

When I get back home this afternoon I'll add some of the surfacing details, I believe there's a protruding surface on the lower half made to look like a registration index of some kind, and on the upper handle area there are some detail clips that wrap around one of the surfaces. I'll get those all modeled this evening hopefully, and from there on I'll be splitting the parts to model the interior!

Attachments

• Data Storage module 5-6.PNG
    Data Storage module 5-6.PNG
    185.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Data Storage module 5-6 3.PNG
    Data Storage module 5-6 3.PNG
    129 KB · Views: 129
  • Data Storage module 5-6 2.PNG
    Data Storage module 5-6 2.PNG
    203.2 KB · Views: 140
I was working on one of these for a bit for funsies but I'm glad to see others making it too!

Yeah mainly, I'm just wanting to get some more experience with modeling stuff. I'm graduating this semester and being that everything is online, I find myself with lots of free time outside of classes.

It's been a bit busy for me lately, but I have made a little progress. I think it's nearly done, I've hollowed out the lower portion (part w/out handle) and I've added a base plate. I'm no good with wiring and all the electronics stuff so I may not go as in depth with that as I anticipated. I did however make sure to allow lighting through the base plate, and I'll try to do the same with the upper portion so it's hollow and has a baseplate to attach an wiring or batteries needed. Once I get the upper portion done I'll try to share the files for everyone to have as well as a 'manual' that breaks down the build with a bit of detail.

Attachments

• Nearly there.PNG
    Nearly there.PNG
    127.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Nearly there2.PNG
    Nearly there2.PNG
    115 KB · Views: 125
  • Nearly there3.PNG
    Nearly there3.PNG
    134.4 KB · Views: 131

Here is the link to the model, and it should be in 3 separate parts.

I may continue to work on this more in the next week or so, I've left the housing relatively empty though to allow for customization with your own batteries and LED's and wiring, etc.

I've enjoyed making this and if I come across problems in my own printing I'll be sure to edit the file to make things better.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back