DayZ 405th group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octorock

I don't know how many of you have heard, but DayZ is a realistic Zombie apocalypse mod developed for ArmA 2's engine. The mod features PvP and PvE in a tense and hostile world. You can read more at: http://www.dayzmod.com/

I was wondering if anyone plays DayZ here and would like to form a survival group.
I'd be really interested in forming a group and surviving the hostile world of Chenaurus with this community.

I was waiting for someone to make this. We should also play Tonic's Wasteland and Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, those are really good as well.

I was waiting for someone to make this. We should also play Tonic's Wasteland and Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, those are really good as well.
I've never gotten Dynamic zombie sandbox to work. I assume DayZ can be easier to get on considering the servers are mostly stable. My IGN is Dr. Applesauce, so atleast think twice before pulling the trigger :D

I've never gotten Dynamic zombie sandbox to work. I assume DayZ can be easier to get on considering the servers are mostly stable. My IGN is Dr. Applesauce, so atleast think twice before pulling the trigger :D

I haven't tried to play DZS on a public server yet, my friend just hosts it on his PC and we screw around and have fun.

Idk if anyone here could help me with this but i've been having a HUGE problem with DayZ...

So, lets talk about this problem i'm having.
1st: Boot up the game, just fine.
2nd: Find RT server, awesome
3rd: Run around in the world for 5 seconds, hell yeah!
4th: brightness goes FRIGGIN ballsacks crazy

I'm gonna include some images (i have brightness down to nothing by the way, lowest settings)

ScreenShot2012-07-23at105815PM.png

this is it starting to take effect, about 30 seconds into playing, you know whatever i can still play it

ScreenShot2012-07-23at105924PM.png

40 seconds in, bad but..still kinda playable...

ScreenShot2012-07-23at110032PM.png

.......................really? REALLY?!??!?!?!?!? This happens EVERY time i load the game, DayZ or just arma 2 in common. its DRIVING ME INSANE

anyone else having this problem???? if so do you have a fix???

Have you waited for it to clear up? That happens to me sometimes in Tonic's Wasteland when the time changes from day to night or vice versa. But it's only a flash for about 5-10 seconds or less.

hey this is a stupid question, but um do you have to pay for this game? i really want to play it but im not sure if you have to pay or not

its on steam for 30 bucks road kill

and i have my gamma settings and brightness saved at their lowest settings. this has happened since i bought arma 2 back in the day, hoping it wouldnt in DayZ but needless to say it did
but yea i have walked away and left the game running for about 2 hours, came back and it was just completely white. couldnt see a thing.

ugh

its on steam for 30 bucks road kill

and i have my gamma settings and brightness saved at their lowest settings. this has happened since i bought arma 2 back in the day, hoping it wouldnt in DayZ but needless to say it did
but yea i have walked away and left the game running for about 2 hours, came back and it was just completely white. couldnt see a thing.

ugh

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

hey this is a stupid question, but um do you have to pay for this game? i really want to play it but im not sure if you have to pay or not

You need ArmA CO for the game, along with Private Army if you want HD texture on a few small things.
There has been cases in which ArmA 2: OA and ArmA 2 demo have gotten DayZ to work, but there's alot more low-rez textures.

Are you guys able to rendevouz at Berezino?
My IGN is Dr. Applesauce carrying an m104 and m1911.
Did 2 solo Cherno runs by firehouse and grocery, dead bodies, but no killer. Crossbow sitting on the floor of the firehouse, but no player.
It was tense.

are you guys able to rendevouz at berezino?
My ign is dr. Applesauce carrying an m104 and m1911.
Did 2 solo cherno runs by firehouse and grocery, dead bodies, but no killer. Crossbow sitting on the floor of the firehouse, but no player.
It was tense.

y u no have steam

didn't the programmers said the game will be a standallone game in the near future?
It ought to come out this year I believe.

I do, But it won't work whilst in the mod, it gets disabled or something.
And yea, It's going to be stand-alone, we still don't know the engine yet, but can safely assume it's ArmA 3's.

Do you use the Six Updater? Because that's a peice of poo. I uninstalled it and I'm still doing it the old fashioned way. Steam and everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back