dean the her0s first build mk6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean the her0

hello im dean aka and xbl gamertag dean the her0.

im a huge halo fan, ive read the books, played all the games, some at competitive levels.

i often look online for halo memorabilia for my future games room and started seeing the odd costume here and there and eventually found this site. it never thought making a halosuit could be as easy as some of the posts, clips and tutorials make out, so what the hell i thought i would give it a try.

obviously i dont expect my suit to compare to some of the amazing costumes ive seen, but so far im quite happy with my progress as im learning each piece i make.

just wanted to know what you guys think of my work so far and if theres anything that looks terrible in your opinions.

i can take the truth but bear in mind its my first try. any tips are welcome thanks and i will keep you all updated as i do more.

http://gyazo.com/8ed6f1ea14944aa346f960fd45cd50d2

All your armor is looking great. If you do the bondo process, use small amounts of bondo at a time versus a lot of bondo. Note doing this will waste bondo, but your end result will be much better. Your armor can look as good as the veterans' here, it just requires dedication and attention to detail.

What Snotellini said. Take your time. I know I rushed parts, and am suffering for that now as I rework them on a helmet I recently made. My number one recommendation, (as a noob myself with only helmets built to date so take that for what it's worth) is to watch some of the videos posted in the video section and watch the patience and skill demonstrated. There are some incredible artists on here, and everybody wants everybody else to succeed. It's great!

Your pep work looks good from the pic as far as I can tell, so keep it up.

As they told us in the Army: Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

i will be honest. i think you shoulders and shins are to big, rember you want to move with this suit. Normaly there is space between boots and the shins. Also the Shoulders seem a little to big but thats only my opinion.

pep work looks good. but if you want a shiny nice looking suit i would recommend the HD Models. Of course you can add a lot of details with bondo but this takes way more time :D made this mistake by myself.

keep up the good work, my start wasnt even close this good :D

sry for my bad english

thanks for your opinion now that i look at my shoulders they do look too big. the shins are the only pieces that are in hd and i have to admit they do make the other parts look a bit crappier. i think the shins are the right size. the thighs were sliding down as they do not have straps on yet to hold them up.

im working on the boots in hd at the moment will prob redo the shoulders in hd. ( arrghh so much pep work ) i would rather know if something is wrong so thanks for input.
might try and complete a piece all the way just to see what im capable of instead on peping all items first.

just a quick update, ive decided to go all HD parts as the low def is clearly not as good as the hd models i have seen. i will use my low def pieces as practice pieces for fibreglassing and rondo testing. will hopefully get both hd handplates made resined and rondo in next few days

so i got a few hours in today and made both hd handplates. will hopefully resin, rondo and bondo then by 2morro if all goes well.

54e40293faa5a842b8e5cd58d3a397bf.png

ok i got time 2day to resin 2 coats outside 1 coat inside. then i rondo the inside and then added bondo to the outside.
ef6eb2a0b6e0081cff2a6af9e46e3a5d.png

next to primer and paint. i saw something about hammered effect paint. is this the paint its self or a hammer effect primer??

ok so i bought some primer, silver, black and green spray paints to try and finish off my handplates today. i have never spray painted before but here are some pics.

hd plates primered
97257618eab742f5fb5fdb595f4a12d9.png

here are my scrapped low def practice handplates. i used nissan marine green as the shops selection was poor at it looked ok at the time. but its not looking like the right colour now. im sure i read somewhere that olive green is the closest to the chiefs colour is this true??. has any1 reading this used hammered paints, do these give a better final result?.

d07b5a3efdc736fd5739bee99c440053.png

you can get sage green which is chief's color its just not at many stores

thanks man ive just been on ebay and ordered some sage green when it arrives i will get toit. in mean time will try and finish the pep boots

still no spray paint arrived but have made a boot. can any1 tell me what they have used as the balck middle bit that covers the laces???

a8ed596c8a5c3e3f463a31a1951270fd.png

I used a half section of irrigation piping...

th_ads_4_drainage_pipe_50_flexible_35_winslow_10106492.jpg

DSC04958.jpg

DSCN0906.jpg

photo1.jpg

But there are other methods. Track down MacAttack64's Mk VI thread and check out his.

good looking pep work, much cleaner than mine;) go with the Sage color if you can find it, it looks good. Also, i think Rustoleum make a color called Brushed Oregano, or something like that, it's pretty close

hammered paint comes out of the can looking that way and any local walmart or home depot or lowes will have it in stock without having to order it. home depot and lowes carry a ton of different colors too so you shouldnt need to order it.

the only problem is i live in the uk and these great stores i hear of dont exist over here. ive looked online on ebay but cant find the right colour of paint. i found dark olive so when that arrives hopefully it will look right

left boot resined rondo'd and bondo'd. i think the boot looked better before i started adding bondo. from a distance it looks good but up close there are lots of imperfections. was bondoing and sanding for 3 hours is this normal. it warped abit but will make do for now, if i try and get everything perfect first time i may never finish my first suit.

a4ccdfdb23ae071c9640b9b786283c84.png

im working on a hd forearm at the moment, man it is so much harder than the standard def one. is there an inbetween model. i looked but could not find anything, may go will h4 recruit forearms as they look at bit easier. what you guys think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back