decal help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSCGCobra043

so I have a scout helmet and I have the design for it. the only problem is that since it's a skull idk how to properly paint the decal. any help?

decal attached below

Attachments

• halo 4 scout.jpg
    halo 4 scout.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Get a store to print out a vinyl, or draw it onto some painters tape, cut it out, then place the tape onto the helmet.20181015_113527.jpg
For the skull on this helmet, I started with taking an ingame screenshot of the helmet, and sent it to my computer. I zoomed in until it was roughly the right size, and turned the brightness all the way up. I placed tape stuck together into a square over it, and traced the skull with a pen. Removed tape, and cut out with a knife. Then cut a square in a plastic shopping bag, placed the square over the hole, and put the helmet in the bag so it didn't get painted except for the decal. I know the computer part is risky, but you can use a phone or something. Just make sure you dont press hard and dont care if you do mess up your screen...

What I did for my mk V was I went to joann's and purchased some vinyl. The kind for a criquet machine, I guess? Anyway, I came home, opened the files that TurboCharizard let me have, and printed them out on the vinyl through my printer. Make sure it's on the vinyl side, not the wax paper side. I then cut out the design I wanted very carefully with an exact-o knife, and stuck it to my suit.

If you're going to use clear vinyl in this way, be careful to cut out as much excess as possible; vinyl does not set as well as other decal materials and the clear part can show through.

What I did for my mk V was I went to joann's and purchased some vinyl. The kind for a criquet machine, I guess? Anyway, I came home, opened the files that TurboCharizard let me have, and printed them out on the vinyl through my printer. Make sure it's on the vinyl side, not the wax paper side. I then cut out the design I wanted very carefully with an exact-o knife, and stuck it to my suit.

If you're going to use clear vinyl in this way, be careful to cut out as much excess as possible; vinyl does not set as well as other decal materials and the clear part can show through.

Are you speaking of the warning decals to protect you from personal injury while putting on your suit?
SafetyLabels.png

Get a store to print out a vinyl, or draw it onto some painters tape, cut it out, then place the tape onto the helmet.View attachment 263449
For the skull on this helmet, I started with taking an ingame screenshot of the helmet, and sent it to my computer. I zoomed in until it was roughly the right size, and turned the brightness all the way up. I placed tape stuck together into a square over it, and traced the skull with a pen. Removed tape, and cut out with a knife. Then cut a square in a plastic shopping bag, placed the square over the hole, and put the helmet in the bag so it didn't get painted except for the decal. I know the computer part is risky, but you can use a phone or something. Just make sure you dont press hard and dont care if you do mess up your screen...
you can print it out and do that....

you can print it out and do that....
I forgot you could, I dont have the materials or equipment though so it is more convenient for me... can we see the design you have in mind for the scout helmet if you have it? (Is it custom or the standard halo 4 one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back