Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you covered everything you'll need for the build, you seem to be well prepared. In regards to resining foam, I've heard that some types of foam don't go we'll with resin (they can end up eroded and out of shape), though I think that's more to do with polystyrene foams and such. Id still do a test on a separate piece before you do the main armour if you really want to resin it. If you have problems, try sealing the foam with plastidip or a 1:1 pva glue:water to protect it from the resin.

Also, for a full foam build i dont think people usually resin the armour, as it is already pretty sturdy and remains a little flexible (which is great for parts like the thighs as its a lot easier to walk in). Generally, sealing it with just plastidip or a 1:1 pva glue and water mix is fine, and gives it a smooth, harder and more armour like finish.

Good luck with your build, I'm also in the process of making the Halo 4 chief so it'll be good to see how this goes :)

If you are using an Xacto Knife, I would suggest using the Z series blade. It cuts through foam like hot butter and stays sharp longer than the regular blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back