Description:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Microsoft has divulged details of their latest viral ad campaign -- called Iris -- designed to promote the über-anticipated Halo 3.

According to Eurogamer, Microsoft calls Iris a "spiral campaign" (clever!), promising to reveal details about the Forerunners, as well as other elements of the heady Halo mythos.

GamesIndustry.biz reports that the campaign officially began this past weekend, with the distribution of flyers in New York City and London, bearing the apparent logo of the campaign, and the message "We are not alone." At the moment, it's unknown who's behind the campaign, although the absence of the term "Alternate Reality Game" might indicate that it's not 42 Entertainment, the viral veterans behind Halo 2's ilovebees campaign.

Either way, Halo and conspiracy fanatics can get their non-game on by checking out the Society of the Ancients website... and this nifty countdown clock! Because we haven't had enough of those already, right?

Could this be some kind of I Love Bees 2?

dundundunnnnn-9eb.gif

:agree:

Red, can we adopt that Guinea Pig... as the mjolnirarmor mascot?

ROFL'ed so hard at work when I saw that.

i think halo would suck if they didn't do all this stuff. i love puzzles. i didn't do the whole ilovebees thing because until just recently i wasn't too much into halo. and by recently i mean like a year ago.

It's a PRAIRIE DOG!

But on topic- anybody else get that wierd Xbox email about the symbols of the keepers of the flame that would lead to war etc.

" HISTORY CIRCLING
BACK UPON US.

The gears of the Universe spin further
and further apart.
Ever greater grows the gulf between souls,
And distance gives false hope of safety
But for the grim tidings this messenger bears:

The enemy is almost upon us

Closing in from all sides,
Moving faster than the light
it snuffs with its passage,
Time echoes with the news of destruction.
History winding back upon itself.

Waves of an army march this way in unison, Suffering and corruption are its battle cries.
For I have known this darkness
and felt its embrace once before-
Horror best laid to rest

Yet a Journey must commence

Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame.
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory. "

Ahhh!!! This thing is too confusing for me. More than likely, it will lead to something happening on 7/7/07. So i'll try to ignore this as much as possible until then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back