Destiny female hunter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice! LS9BLUEDEVIL I would make the base and then add the detail with 2mm foam and strapping. To make the templates for the smaller detail lines and stuff, the easiest way is to build the base, cover it in painters tape and draw the details on it. then just transfer the tape to foam and cut it out. painters tape is better for this then masking tape because the glue on masking tape is stickier and could wreck the foam. if you only have masking tape you can stick it to your jeans and then use it. just to remove some of the stickiness.
that's how I did the front of my Osiris chestplate:

View attachment 250408
Thanks for all your assistance, and when you mean detail, you are talking about the black moldings correct? That chest piece looks great and how hard would you say is forming the Eva foam?im glad I found your thread and it is really insightful. I too am currently building a pep of the celestial nighthawk, I see yours and it looks freaking amazing.

LS9BLUEDEVIL ya, you could use the technique on the white part too. like make the basic shape of the .. bib? out of 1cm eva and then cover it in 2mm to make all the little indents look good. its easier then cutting material out.

Thanks! I made that pattern from scratch too. I've got a background in sewing so I use those techniques a lot. Its made of the old paintball helmet, craft foam and spray foam. Your pep will probably be more accurate. mine was just a 1-day build and is only the front mask part. There's no back to it....

Now that I look at it, it kind of does look like a bib lol. Thanks for that input too and found out Harbor freight carries some Eva foam mat electricknite
Damn, mad props for you, that's a whole level of creativity and skill. But hey if you got the cloak, no need for back lol. I got the pep from Daschlenn on this forum. It's detailed and time consuming but I feel worth the time.

0IRnCj9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back