Destiny, Hand Cannon, The Last Word, for 3D Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
All bickering aside, I'm very impressed with these designs! I have a huge respect for people that can model on a computer this well, it's a lot tougher than it seems.

I hate using hand cannons in the crucible though haha can't do it.

Man I wish I had the money and time to get my own printer. I would love to be able to print one of these off, or any of the other things I have. You always have such amazing models!

I love using the hand cannon. The funniest thing is... How in the world does a bullet exit the gun the barrel and trigger don't line up with cylinder? They basically took the end of magnum and flipped the slotted brace topside. Lol!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Any chance I could get the solidworks file as well? I'm in the process of making Hawkmoon and feel your file may show me how to get over a few issues I am having as I am still new to modelling.

any chance I could get a copy of ether I would love to study the files to help get a better understanding of whats involved in making a "printable" file. :thumbsup

Any chance I could get the solidworks file as well? I'm in the process of making Hawkmoon and feel your file may show me how to get over a few issues I am having as I am still new to modelling.

Any chance I could get that solidworks file as well?

For a number of reasons, no.

I'll gladly answer any specific questions about how to model stuff in Solidworks. Mostly, though, you can teach yourself- like I did!- using existing documentation, online search engines, and a fair amount of energy & time. Honestly, 3d modeling is mostly about acknowledging that what you have sucks and changing it; vision and iteration.

For a number of reasons, no.

I'll gladly answer any specific questions about how to model stuff in Solidworks. Mostly, though, you can teach yourself- like I did!- using existing documentation, online search engines, and a fair amount of energy & time. Honestly, 3d modeling is mostly about acknowledging that what you have sucks and changing it; vision and iteration.

Very nice work here Vrogy! I'm in the process of learning 3d modeling myself, however i'm trying to learn on Blender. Can you still end up with a machine ready CAD file using blender? or would you recommend purchasing Solidworks and learning the basics from there instead?

Sorry if I'm getting a bit OT here, but if anyone makes the Icebreaker or Thorn, and are willing to share 3D files, I would love to get them to make the guns in aluminium. I'm doing quite a lot of CNC milling, and would love to make the guns. I just don't fancy drawing stuff that much. I prefer CAM over CAD..

All bickering aside, I'm very impressed with these designs! I have a huge respect for people that can model on a computer this well, it's a lot tougher than it seems.

I hate using hand cannons in the crucible though haha can't do it.

If you can get the Exotic hand cannon The Last Word it wrecks people in one to to shots it also has the benefit of being full auto. Those 13 rounds seem to help quite a bit.

For the people asking about 3D files, I want to share this awesome website because someone shared it with me. It automatically generates 3D .stl files of any item in Destiny based off of publicly available data. I hope it's a good start for people trying to make their own.

Destiny STL Generator

For the people asking about 3D files, I want to share this awesome website because someone shared it with me. It automatically generates 3D .stl files of any item in Destiny based off of publicly available data. I hope it's a good start for people trying to make their own.

Destiny STL Generator

That's a very interesting site. I would point out the obvious; they're un-smoothed models with a lot of detail missing, due to the way 3d model detail for video games is baked into Norma and bump maps. Still a great start, and if the UV data is intact and textures showed up, would make perfect references when remodeling.

Also, people, please stop asking questions that have been answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Destiny STL Generator

thank you for this

That's a very interesting site. I would point out the obvious; they're un-smoothed models with a lot of detail missing, due to the way 3d model detail for video games is baked into Norma and bump maps. Still a great start, and if the UV data is intact and textures showed up, would make perfect references when remodeling.

Also, people, please stop asking questions that have been answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for the textures you would need fire fox browser.go to destiny db, clear your cache under options, network tab. go to the file you want, i clear it again(just in case).select view in 3d mode. in the search address bar type about:cache hit enter. goto the disk section click on the blue letters. hit control f, enter geom. and search. the filethat pops up is the geometery of the 3d model the texuters are usually above it

;this is for the mask of the 3d man
test.jpg

17d52e5155cdcbdc9fedc1dbd95cecf1maskoftheman.png

6970f2453df1e80d3b720f61fde83b87maskofthe3dman.png

d1d117fa5751930597baaf40baf7f4e1maskofthe3dman.png

hope this helps @Vrogy.

great work as always. have you printed any of these out yet and if have do you any pics. please

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 17d52e5155cdcbdc9fedc1dbd95cecf1maskoftheman.png
    17d52e5155cdcbdc9fedc1dbd95cecf1maskoftheman.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 6970f2453df1e80d3b720f61fde83b87maskofthe3dman.png
    6970f2453df1e80d3b720f61fde83b87maskofthe3dman.png
    93 KB · Views: 256
  • d1d117fa5751930597baaf40baf7f4e1maskofthe3dman.png
    d1d117fa5751930597baaf40baf7f4e1maskofthe3dman.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 230
Hey man reviving a dead thread, but is there any chance you could PM me the solidworks model or the STL of this file? got a friend doing a costume and wants this rad gun.

Thanks in advance

Any chance I could get the SolidWorks file for The Last Word? I am modeling a functioning model myself but ran into some issues that I can't figure out and at this point, any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back