Detailed construction tutorial: Reach Foam Forearms (file in the 405th db)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got it... This will take a bit of planning - and finishing up the other pieces, but since I want this to continue to be a learning experience for those interested, I am thinking of a contest that will help people learn at the same time as offering a chance to win.

For the winner of said contest, this will not be completed armor. Only half (the half I build for the tutorials) will be provided as a finished built product (not sealed, painted, etc), and the other half will be already cut out or drawn out onto EVA (to help improve cutting skills). It would be a learning experience for the winner to complete the set, and they would not have to worry about having to purchase the EVA. I will also offer the winner one-on-one (most likely via PM, IM, or video chat) consulting to help them finish the parts if/when they need it. In addition, I would supply them with a new scalpel handle and a 100 pack of blades. Maybe something else, I have not decided yet.

The contest will be a scavenger hunt in a way. I would ask questions about tips/techniques/tools/information that I have given in various posts here on this forum, possibly my YouTube tutorials, and maybe a few oddball questions... but ultimately, they would be designed to help individuals learn at the same time as competing to win. The individuals who reply to me with the correct answers would be put into a drawing at a decided date/time. In the case that nobody answers them all correctly, the person with the most would win. If there is a tie, then a drawing would be made. Also, I would pay for shipping.

This may take a few weeks to get into place, organize, and for me to complete the armor set (as well as the rest of the tutorials).

How does that sound?

If I get a good response, I will certainly do this, and will give plenty of heads-up as to when it will take place.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun :)
I love the aspect of people learning as they are competeing. It makes it a win win situation for everyone even if they dont win the contest. Also if they did win then they will learn even more by having to build the item :)
Great idea Evakura, i second this idea.
All in favor? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back