Detailing a Fiberglassed ODST helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why the scale is a little off but that's how I got it from Fraz. I just measured the rough distance on myself and put it in assembled height. It turned out to have a scale of 640-something if I remember correctly. So it's not the same as the MC.

Yeah, that I know.

I did a lot of math and rough measurements trying to figure out a good scale, then printed it on regular paper just to see how it works.

Yay for having 600 "free" pages from my College's comp labs.

Update on the helm. It's pretty well smoothed with the visor installed and ready to be detailed with bondo. I'll smooth everything over again once I've finished the detailing.

ODSThelm005.jpg

ODSThelm007.jpg

Thanks guys

Are they really completely black? I mean, this is just the undercoat but doom's picks looked more like a dark gray.

<div class='quotetop'>(sgt. breowleh)</div><div class='quotemain'><html>
<body>

nay so bad</p>
</body>
</html></div>*cough* HTMLdoesn'tworkonforums*cough*

I carved out the detail lines with a knife as best I could by looking at Doom's reference photos. Then I used my dremel to make the grooves deeper and bevel the lower edges. The bright white lines are the actual grooves, the rest is just where the paint is sanded away. It looks like I'll still be needing some bondo though. Do you guys think this will work?

ODSThelm010.jpg

ODSThelm009.jpg

ODSThelm011.jpg

ODSThelm012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back