Detailing a Fiberglassed ODST helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
drgon47 said:
awesome work there dude. Looking really good.

I would add advice, but I don't know to much yet, sorry pal. From a person like me though, it looks great so far!

Cheers!

-John117.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! that loooks great!!!! Im in the process of making an odst helmet too!!!! 2 questions. Did u leave fiberglass on the insice of the paper or out? did you take the paper out or leave it?
Looks great. Cant wait to see the finished project!!!

Thanks. I've been working on it so expect another update soon.

Polar said:
Wow!!! that loooks great!!!! Im in the process of making an odst helmet too!!!! 2 questions. Did u leave fiberglass on the insice of the paper or out? did you take the paper out or leave it?
Looks great. Cant wait to see the finished project!!!

Fiberglass is on the inside and some of the paper is still there. Check out the Fiberglass and Smoothing tutorial in the Pepakura Forum to see it during smoothing.

i dont know if anyone else noticed, but both of the new helmet designs in halo 3 multiplayer for the chief were based off other helmets in the halo universe, the ODSTs helmets from halo 2 and the SPI armor's helmet from Ghosts of Onyx. i dont really see how its relevant, just thought id say something :sarcasm:

I noticed that too. the ODST/marine helmet looks awefully familiar ;-)

Well, guys here is the FINAL update. I'm scrapping my H2 ODST project for a couple different reasons. If you're interested in the helm, it will be in the classifieds.

ODSThelm016.jpg

ODSThelm015.jpg

ODSThelm017.jpg

ODSThelm018.jpg

Leadingspartan said:
wow 250 dollars.... but why dont you detail it a little more.

Why don't you buy it and you can detail it?

Talk about a loaded comment... sheesh. :eyebrow:

I would buy it if I had the freaking money!!! gah! but it looks extremally good, maybe when you get your funds back, make a mold and make more ;-), great way to make a few extra dollars

Glad you guys like it. I might pick it up again sometime, or I might give scratchbuilding the H3 version a try. It will be awhile.

And thanks Sean. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back