Details For Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, This is my first post so a little about me, I have been doing costuming for most of my life. I am a Journeyman blacksmith, and Master armoursmith. I have made and sold 16th cen. full plate knight armour and Japanese samurai armour, also done (chain)Maille armour. After many years, now I am able to get back into paintball, many of my friends in PB, wanted me to make halo armour since it came out. now I find I like the looks and want some for myself. :)

Now to my post :D

Being a ex-marine corp man, I am making this type of ODST..

[attachment=5148:fullodstref3mj.jpg]

What I am looking for is any detail info on the breastplate (chest), the area of intrest is the pockets.
since I will be using this for PB, I need to be able use the pockets.
My question is, Does the pockets sit recessed in the breastplate or are they part of the undershirt?
If they are recessed, how far?
[attachment=5149:$dstches...teref7qu.jpg]

Welcome to the 405th! It seems that your work will be very promising. I dont have an answer to your question unfortunately, I just wanted to be the first to welcome you :]

welcome to the 405th!
I can't give you a definitive answer, but from looking at the picture i don't think theres any recessed parts were the pouches are, it may just look like that because of the way it was modeled.

I have been studying the pic for some time, It appears to me that they are recessed about 12.5mm (1/2 inch). Using the waist belt pouches as reference. (I have an old US M1923 Cartridge Belt), and the pouches are about 50mm (2 inches) deep.
[attachment=5151:$dsthipc...chref7vy.jpg]

p0rtalman said:
welcome to the 405th!
I can't give you a definitive answer, but from looking at the picture i don't think theres any recessed parts were the pouches are, it may just look like that because of the way it was modeled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I did a search and didn't find any information on how to connect a 2 piece shin. Any topic and/or links would help. I have begun to resin and glass the shins, they fit great if I am not wearing my boots, so how do I reconnect the 2 halves, I was thinking of using a hinge on the outside edge of the leg, and some type of lock on the inside of the leg.

Hello all,
Thought I would give you a small update on my ODST marine armour project. As you know I am making the armour for PB (paintball), So I had to change a few things. With help from Ruze789 :D , I was able to make changes on the curass (torso), changes in the works are canvas pockets, thinning out the shoulders, and soft collar. The greaves (shins) and upper vembraces (shoulders) are in the resin and fiberglass stage. next will be the waist belt. I am currently working on pics, My cam is not working right :mad: , I will post pics ASAP.

Thanks,
Stilgar

Stilgar Hammer said:
Hello all,
Thought I would give you a small update on my ODST marine armour project. As you know I am making the armour for PB (paintball), So I had to change a few things. With help from Ruze789 :D , I was able to make changes on the curass (torso), changes in the works are canvas pockets, thinning out the shoulders, and soft collar. The greaves (shins) and upper vembraces (shoulders) are in the resin and fiberglass stage. next will be the waist belt. I am currently working on pics, My cam is not working right :mad: , I will post pics ASAP.

Thanks,
Stilgar
(y) NEAT

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised, sorry for the bad pics, used a cheap cam.

shins, shoulders, and 1 forearm.
[attachment=5585:photo001.jpg]
shin closeup.
[attachment=5586:photo002.jpg]
shoulders, and forearm closeup.
[attachment=5587:photo004.jpg]

the shins make look funny, they have been cut in half, and need to be fiberglassed.
for my personal choice, I am adding H1 marine forearms from GARLAND. chest almost ready for resin, pep other forearm, and helm done. still need to pep the lower torso.

Stilgar

update on this project...
It has been placed on the back burner until later. also a resined pep of the torso has been tested and found to bulky and restrictive for paint ball.

so efforts are being made to make a H1 marine. perhaps I will do a post on it.
cheers,
Stilgar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back