difference between normal files and foam files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochaciino

i can't help but notice that some armor files have both foam unfolded pdos and normal pdos, is there any particular reason there needs to be a specific foam unfold? are the normal files only usable for casting methods? i'm planning on starting an eva foam build rather soon but i'm pretty confused on where to start!

If you choose the foam models, you'll find that they are assembled differently then pepakura. Pepakura files are comprised hundreds of little pieces that need to be folded and glued together. While foam files are made up of much bigger pieces that can be curved and cut at angles. So yes. If you're going to build a foam suit, go with the foam files. You won't regret it.

TylerBH2014 has got the right idea - one reason is that foam can be manipulated to make the curves surfaces. Another reason as well is that the foam versions leave out the tiny details that can be made by scoring and beveling foam or cutting out smaller pieces. Foam files also have edges removed, as the thickness of the foam will compensate for that.

TylerBH2014 has got the right idea - one reason is that foam can be manipulated to make the curves surfaces. Another reason as well is that the foam versions leave out the tiny details that can be made by scoring and beveling foam or cutting out smaller pieces. Foam files also have edges removed, as the thickness of the foam will compensate for that.
ah alright! thank you both very much for the information :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back