Dimsum's 1st ODST Build [Pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! August 27 2011 updates:

So previously I was considering in making another ODST helmet this time using Kirrou's file and it came out flawless! check it out!

I also started fiberglassing my chest, shoulders, biceps, and the stomach plate I will add the pictures later on.

ODST Helmet by Kirrou:
34fz7lk.jpg

2jbsm75.jpg

Kirrou's (Left) VS Hugh Holder's (Right):
20aqdj6.jpg

I've made my decision on going with Kirrou's helmet since it just came out perfect!
But I want to hear from 405th and see what you guys have to say! More updates coming soon!! Stayed tuned 405th

They both look great, but I would advance the left one as well. Maybe use the right for product tests, before you use them on the left helm?

Update: 20110830

Alright like i previously stated in my earlier posts that i'm using Kirrou's helmet for my build I finished adding resin to the pepakura and it came out beautiful, I just had a test wear yesterday with the resin. It's a little snug trying to get it over my ears but doesn't take much effort same with taking it off its a bit snug, I'm not sure if its too small or w/e I took a few pics of myself wearing it and it looks fine. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

2141kd5.jpg

27zvsyg.jpg

thats normal but be sure that you have to use foam in the inside after you have finished the helmet. its cover your head and make the helmet more comfortable. the foam use some space 1cm and the position of your head in the inside is diffrent that now.

hey man helm is lookin good. and yes to you question n my wall i am still in the navy just over 6 years now........

hey man helm is lookin good. and yes to you question n my wall i am still in the navy just over 6 years now........

thanks man. that's awesome I'm in the Marine reserves just over 3 years in the Corps. Just wondering do you sell vaccuum formed visors? I'm looking to get one for my helmet

thanks man. that's awesome I'm in the Marine reserves just over 3 years in the Corps. Just wondering do you sell vaccuum formed visors? I'm looking to get one for my helmet

There are a few members that make vacume formed visors but sean bradley is usually your best bet. Just look at the home page to find out about him.

10-05-2011

So after not working on my armor for about a month I managed to dremel the visor off the helmet
faoq61.jpg

Just for your information this is without any padding inside the helmet. does the helmet look too small? I was planning on making another helmet just a bit larger but if the scaling is perfect then I don't want to waste time in making another one. What you guys think? now that you can see my face it gives you a better perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back