Foam Dire's Reach Build -DNF-Sorry

Okay, fixed the horizontal lines to slanted!
20221227_073717.jpg
20221227_073719.jpg
20221227_073722.jpg
20221227_073725.jpg
Alright and now going to start the thigh pieces so I can make the undersuit part of the knees.

Digging the undersuit so far. Can’t wait to see how durable / flexible it is once worn.

What type of glue are you using to join the pieces?
It is super flexible, the glue I'm using is basic contact cement, it's difficult, I usually have to do 2 coats because the first one got absorbed by the upholstery foam and the dry ready time is double the time it would be on EVA foam, but once its glued, its on there, but as a precaution I also use strips of uphostery foam and reinforced the seams on the inside, I can get a pic of that layer on if you want.

Looking great so far! Hopefully, you don't run into durability/flexibility issues.

Been trying to get the, I guess I'll call it the knee undersuit bit, the current prototypes are too loose, I'll probably wrap my leg up with aome plastic and tape and cut it down the middle.

Alright after 4 days of messing up my knee undersuit bits, I got the shape and proportions down, of course didnt take any pics of it

Hope this project is still alive. I think you've made a smart move by making the large portions of the suit a single sold flexible entity. Makes me think of a Hollywood style rubber superhero costume. Hope to see it come together.

Hope this project is still alive. I think you've made a smart move by making the large portions of the suit a single sold flexible entity. Makes me think of a Hollywood style rubber superhero costume. Hope to see it come together.
Ah, nah, sorry I halted this one, didn't hate myself enough to finish it (It was understandable both literally and mentally too goddamn hot)
Buuuuuut working on something else, just waiting until I get enough progress and pictures to actually make a thread

Last edited:
Ah, nah, sorry I halted this one, didn't hate myself enough to finish it (It was understandable both literally and mentally too goddamn hot)
Buuuuuut working on something else, just waiting until I get enough progress and pictures to actually make a thread
I was wondering about that part. It looks great, but I'm imagining that eva on top of a solid layer of upholstery foam isn't exactly good for breathability.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back