Dmr Ammo Counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're going to find a counter without it being blocky. Not without like hacking a small mobile phone or display.

The only cell phone display I would recommend using is a little 128x128 color nokia display you can purchase for about $15. This display is very popular so sample code is plentiful for many microcontrollers.

Is 1.4 inches wide, so it maybe won't fit in the dmr, but would fit most halo weapons.

I agree though, working with these little screens do feel like a hack job because of that tiny ribbon cable.

Hmmm. . . I wouldn't even know where to begin with that kind of stuff. . . Is there anyone here on the 405th who could build an ammo counter kit like that?

If you want, I can try to hunt down some references in messing with electronics... It's not that hard to set up a digital counter.

Did you want it to trigger when you pull the trigger of the gun, or use some other type of interface?

(edit) Hm. That Westaby has some good items there. Everything I was going to link more or less does what he did there. :)

I am not interested in doing a graphic lcd ammo counter display myself. It has been done to death by those starwars prop makers.

I really do recommend my ammo counters. With the correct semi-transparent graphic overlay, my counters are near identical to the majority of counters in Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back