Do they give you a Purple Heart for papercuts? (Ryuzaki's ODST Build) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuzaki

Hey, all.

So, I decided to delurk and share my progress so far. Nothing to really write home about yet, I guess, but here it is none the less. Of course, I see dozens of flaws with each piece, but hopefully nothing that can't negated during the smooth cast/bondo phase.

DSCN0983.jpg

I'm avoiding doing the other shin for a bit. The first one gave me nightmares. lol

So, yeah... that's where I'm at. :)

Cheers,

-R

thats looking good and I know exactly what you mean about the shins I hated doing them I made one said never again, ended up making them outta foam instead

So I undestrand that the shins will be the worst part.
How are you planning to put togheter the chest plate parts?
Btw very good job.

Thanks, folks.

How are you planning to put togheter the chest plate parts?

I'll probably glue them before the resin stage. I don't think I've ever seen an ODST with a separated chest plate. Failing that, I'd probably just run an extra strip of webbing to link them when doing the harness.

ODST chestplates are usually built as one solid unit. However, watch the "We are ODST" live action short film. Specifically near the end, when the adult Tarkov picks up the flag after mourning their fallen comrad. He stuffs the flag into somewhere on his chest. If you look very carefully, you can see that his chestplate is is multiple pieces. It looks like he's stuffing the flag behind the center portion of the chestplate, then patting it back into alignment afterward.

Edit: Looking at the video again, it looks as though Tarkov's chestplate took damage at one point and broke in half, since the separation point is midway through the "MK 117" lettering. So, I guess the chestpieces are supposed to be one solid piece. The makers of the film probably did that so the actor could have a better range of arm movement.

Awesome work so far! I've never gotten past the pepakura stage, but the flaws become exponentially smaller. As you add layers to the build (resin, glass, bondo) the inconsistencies will become more and more minute. Paint will definitely hide an enormous amount of 'issues' so just keep working!

Couldn't find a Purple Heart specific to paper cuts, so have this purple armadillo instead.

So, I have discovered that when they say smooth-cast has a 7 minute pot life, they mean it.

At the stroke of 7 minutes, much like Cinderella's coach turning into a pumpkin... *poof* your smooth cast becomes tar. :$

More pics soon, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back