Do you guys enjoy knife throwing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my town, I live in a more rural area, where houses are really spread apart and we have a decent amount of property and lots of woods to explore, travel, and hunt in. I taught myself how to throw knives as a kid 4 years ago, and I've gotten into it again a few weeks back. I only have 1 knife right now, and am in the process of restoring a spear to become a knife, and am forging one from an old lawn mower blade. I digress... anyways, do you guys throw knives? If so what styles do you guys use, and what knives do you use? Nobody that I know does anything with knives, but guns are very common.

I use the "Thorn" style of combat knife throwing, and a homemade knife created from a 7 inch circus style blade. As I said above, I'm in the process of making 2 more. One is drying as I type right now

I invite you guys to post vids of you throwing if you want. Here's mine that I made with a few hours of throwing. Its slow in the beginning but stick through it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been involved with dagger, hatchet, and throwing star events now for the last 10 years with the AKTA, I prefer the Tan-Kri and Starlight blades. Probably 3/4 of that was training. Now I'm good enough that you can put your hand against a wall with your fingers spread apart with me standing at 50 feet away and stick a blade in between the fingers without cutting any skin.

I've been involved with dagger, hatchet, and throwing star events now for the last 10 years with the AKTA, I prefer the Tan-Kri and Starlight blades. Probably 3/4 of that was training. Now I'm good enough that you can put your hand against a wall with your fingers spread apart with me standing at 50 feet away and stick a blade in between the fingers without cutting any skin.

Nice. I used to toss hatchets when we would be cutting small trees. Where did you learn? At a martial arts acadamy or private lessons?

I enjoy throwing Bo-shuriken as well as bamboo chopsticks...comes with being a ninja I guess :p ... anyways, I use a no spin, overhand throw (not sure what the technical term for it is).

I enjoy throwing Bo-shuriken as well as bamboo chopsticks...comes with being a ninja I guess :p ... anyways, I use a no spin, overhand throw (not sure what the technical term for it is).

The no spin is what I use, too, just with really big knives. I just finished taping my restored spear which is 15 inches long, except there is a little to much tape, so I think I'm going to file it down a lot to decrease its width and balance the weight.

Isnt that too scary? I cant even stand too long watching someone throwing knife to a person like in the circus. My heart pumps fast. Ohh, I feel that im going to get a heart attack. LOL

Isnt that too scary? I cant even stand too long watching someone throwing knife to a person like in the circus. My heart pumps fast. Ohh, I feel that im going to get a heart attack. LOL

Yeah Circus performing is cool. I'm guessing you didn't grow up/aren't growing up in a family of weapons freaks like I did. I used to freak out when my dad would toss around a knife

It's also easier when the person you're throwing a knife at is wearing a blindfold so they don't move at the last second.

Check out the video on the first post if you guys are interested. I saw a guy who posted a thread about guns, so we need a good one about knives :)

Knife throwing is one of those things I would love to get into but just never had the time or place to do it.

The first time I threw a knife was when I was 8 at a Renaissance Fair. I managed to get 1 knife to stick to the board and its just something that stuck in the back of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back