Does anyone have the full MC 3D model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima

Jr Member
Im not planning on using it for Pepakura. What I was planning on doing was taking that model over to Odis College and printing out on their 3D printer. That way I could then either cast molds or vacuum form them into parts.

The model itself has almost no detail and would be a large waste of money unfournatly, I would consider changing your mind becuase if you were to print it you would be like, "I think the printer forgot to put in the detail" when really there is none.

Just a suggestion

-Doom

It doesn't have to be from the game. I can be fan-made to be full poly, or even the Halo 3 one, which is almost completely detailed aside from some parts, would be nice.

The halo 3 model hasn't even been released yet. It's not even done being extracted. However, I would suggest the halo 1 model. It actually has more detail than the H2 one.

Ill see. If anybody comes across an extracted Halo 3 model from the Beta, please link me! Or even a fan made Halo 2 model that is in full detail.

My recommencation would be to find a good 3D modeller who is interested in doing requests.

Give him a Halo 2 model and tell him to recreate the individual green armor parts, creating each of the designs in the armor.

Then when you "print" the 3D models, they'll come out detailed, in seperate parts which you can attach to a black suit of some sort, since most of the details on the Halo 2 models are actually just very nice texture work.

True. But if I do print it out in a 3D printer. I can cast the full detail. So printing out the armor detail is unneeded. It might cost a bit to print all the pieces out in full scale though.

Codexx said:
My recommencation would be to find a good 3D modeller who is interested in doing requests.

Give him a Halo 2 model and tell him to recreate the individual green armor parts, creating each of the designs in the armor.

Then when you "print" the 3D models, they'll come out detailed, in seperate parts which you can attach to a black suit of some sort, since most of the details on the Halo 2 models are actually just very nice texture work.
I'll take The job! lol, Don't worry, I don't suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, turns out I know a guy who work don the Starry Night commercial. They were giving some very bad models from the Alpha build of Halo 3(or something else Microsoft gave them) and they made them high res. So I might be able to get the model file, if it's not too secret/hidden. Didn't even know until Halo 3 was brought up, and he mentioned he had helped make that.

Don't get your hopes up, it'll probably be too tough to get.

$25 per square inch? I doubt Odis would do that to me. They are an art school, and Lutheran High has pretty good relations. As long as I say I will credit them and advertise their services, they will probably drop the price or something. If not that, I can ask the Art Institute (the college I am attending) if they have one, and maybe get it done for little to nothing there.

My last resort would be going to my dad to pay for it.

Hey, just checking if this idea went anywhere. I'm taking a 3D graphics and modeling Engineering course at college, and since the engineering dept. has a 3d printer I would like to get the halo 3 helmet model in .3dm or most likely any format. I will be using Solidworks 2007 to detail and transfer to the printer, I just don't have the resources to extract the model. So if anyone has the model or can get it, could you pm me and let me know if I could get it? I've already started my pep. helm, but I want to try this.

Thanks, let me know if this has been covered somewhere else, I have looked and searched through this forum already, so if I missed another topic point it out please.

Looks to me like to model has a decent amount of detail, and as though the bump map is about complete..
wbump.png

wmodel.png

At the very least, the full bump map would probably help in adding the details to the actual model.. which lots of people are after to use in conjunction with the latest CNC tech... but if you say so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back