Don't Want To Throw Away A Great Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwaker

Jr Member
I Recently built a regular detail mc helm and the Weta odst helmet. I used scotch 1.5 in. wide super stick tape. I know I should have used glue but I guess I didn't think it was as big of a deal till I read the second half of begginner sticky's. It took me around 6 hours to make the odst and 3-4 hours to make the mc helmet and don't want to throw them out. Since I used tape Fiberglass probably dont work, If you can could you suggest an alternate method besides the hot glue method, because I tried that and destroyed my cookie sheet and was good but pretty difficult.

Meh.. I don't want to trash both I might plaster paris it than cover it with fiber glass I think that might work out good.

Yeah I can't post it til tommorow sorz Im in hershey penn. on my laptop in a hotel. I'm going home tommorow where I have my digital camera and usb I was just anxious to get some beggining ideas.

One some of the peps I've done, especially with difficult parts/angles, I'll tape it in place, then use a little model brush to paint on white glue (elmers/pva) so that it doesn't move around while the glue is drying.
I had alot of scotch tape on my Mk VI, but nothing moved around, since the white glue isn't affected by the resins chemical reaction.

Never use tape, it might work, but it never holds the shape properly because the tabs are not properly attached.

Depending on what you did, if the inside isnt taped, resin the inside first. Dont use plaster of paris junk, that's for making molds and repairing walls, not making a costume. It cracks easily and flakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back