Donut / MC 3D printed ABS Halo 4 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Major Muffun Donut ! 3Dprinted ABS H4 armor WIP

looks good but it's a shame you didn't put a bit more time in smoothing or adding more detail to your model.
The ammount of print time would still be the same.
I'm assuming you took a pep or the ingame obj and just gave it thickness?
exaple of my progres on it.
IMG_2785.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

The file is from king rahl.. on thingverse.. when I started to evaluate making this costume I was not aware of this forum. . . Right now I'm going over the entire model the sanding it per my previous posts and I am polishing donut to a nice glossy shine..is the whole reason why i used abs. ..... Version 1. now is done. Engineers never quit developing things so there will be a version 2 probably by late spring..

peterthethinker.
Kingrahl uses the armor he has on thingiverse as a guidline for his pepakura to printable armor tutorial. so its a pep convert.

keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:

I just love how your build is turning out! keep it up! the picture with the cone cracked me up.

Actually I've already done some modifications to it.
Before I painted with green I used a can of bedliner to give a texture.
Right now I'm working on an air compressor for a fellow costumer here in town so as he continues his airbrush and after that's all done doughnut is going to get more polishing.

There will be some nice pictures of a very shiny doughnut soon !!.

I'm also currently setting up a new audio system that allows you use better microphones.
One of the problems I ran into when I was wearing doughnut at the convention was my headset was extremely painful to wear after a few hours. So now I'm going to be embedding in my helmet a proper mic and headset. And it will not be worn on me it'll be part of the helmet. I'm also going to up the battery capacity and add a preamplifier to the microphone so I can get more gain.....

There also may be some glitter involved rather soon.

Peter

peterthethinker.
Kingrahl uses the armor he has on thingiverse as a guidline for his pepakura to printable armor tutorial. so its a pep convert.

keep it up!

Technically, yes. The file I provided IS a Pep convert. But since it was my file to begin with. I still have the original and I was going to use it in the armor making tutorials, but I thought teaching how to extract from Pepakura will allow more people to find it useful if they don't have any modeling experience. The low res was to compare it to other Pepakura and video game ripped files. Even though Peterthethinker didn't use the Subdivision modifier for smoothing prior to printing, I'm thrilled to see the results.

Donut has gone MIA . fell in a cave I assume.
20858904923_e5324806cd_z.jpg
* last known pic of him*

To take his pace in blood gulch they needed a man with experience and a track record .

21488602041_0a55dc6f19_b.jpg

Lets airrr dry this thing and take some pics! .....
Donut was made for Kumoricon . His only lot in life was to scare the grenades out of caboose .
20991602569_2f223c250b_k.jpg
That one Convention was my goal and its been met.
I did not pretty up my armor too much in donut mode, as lets face it .......... By halo 4 the poor chap ( MC ) has been nuked, fallen from space and taken more bullets then a rifle range target.

Exalted and I are going to the H5 launch so it needs to be green by then.

This is the Beta of MC! for Rose city CC in a few days .

21294358639_7e6011faef_b.jpg

Your new print looks awesome! Are you still going to use the Meerkat?

Re: Donut / MC printed ABS Halo 4 Armor

Not for rose city CC.
This is not a new print. I painted donut ;)
I am shooting pics tonight.
Just about ready to get dressed..

21366500519_2397b2d06b_b.jpg

Spent the afternoon in the suit to test a upgraded leg padding system Prior to Rose city tomorrow.
Ends up the pink foam is too easy to see ...Needs some paint.
Good part is that I can sit on it now.

P1180043.JPG
Peter

This is coming along well, thought it would be a while longer before I saw a fully 3d printed suit.

Is sitting comfortable enough to take a 15 minute break at a con? Do you think the armor could withstand that?

Is sitting comfortable enough to take a 15 minute break at a con? Do you think the armor could withstand that?
Yes. Iv been to a few cons in it. lower body wise it's easy. but it's hard to nap with the back pods..
if its foam then probably but pep i dont know.
Its ABS plastic and fiberglass so its as stiff as pep.

Question.... How much does it cost to actually print a helmet like from Reach...Recon, CQB or Jorge's helmet??? Just wondering cause I have started with the pep build for my 5 kids (they love halo, to include my 12 & 14 yr old daughters) but I am getting hesitant with the resin and Fiberglassing aspect of it. Am possibly looking to see about purchasing a 3D printed ones instead... Just not sure.... :( Any advice would be gladly appreciated.

How you make that? You use some app on the phone? How you connect speaker and mic at the same time or are bluetooth speakers? I want make the same please say me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back