Doom Marine Helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well from what i've seen...no BUT you could mod a low deitail halo2 ODST helm there pretty similar i should know i made 5 of them :p

Those are some nice reference pictures.

I seem to remember there being a pep file floating around, but I don't know where it would be. I might be mistaken too, so don't hold me to it.

I bet you can port the one from the doom game, I think they could be in the same formats as all those typical fps games like Quake and UT, but it wont be HD quality. Probably have to mod the one from the game to add more details unless you want a low poly version but then again alot of people on this website can do so much magic with Bondo that a low poly version to use as a base wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

OMG, ive found the best reference EVER:

p_phobos.jpg

p_doom.jpg

Site: http://earthli.com/quake/warriors.php

hmm I have the model file of phobos head with texture, but yeah because the game is pretty old it isn't really detailed. also its not unfolded or anything..

So yeah, all that is have to be done is modify the model, make it smoother and add detail..
(phobos and doom share the same model I think, just different textures.)

anyway, download

ischa said:
hmm I have the model file of phobos head with texture, but yeah because the game is pretty old it isn't really detailed. also its not unfolded or anything..

So yeah, all that is have to be done is modify the model, make it smoother and add detail..
(phobos and doom share the same model I think, just different textures.)

anyway, download

The texture doesnt work for one part, do you have a better one?
And how can i make it more detailed? (this would be actually boring to pep)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best way is to get a hold of the helmet file in a format that you can use in a 3d program (ie. 3d Studio Max, Blender) then do what ever you like to it. Its best to have a sketch of the mods or details you want to add into the helmet first before doing the 3d work. Then export it to a format that Pepakura can import and then unfold. You don't need to have a texture on in since your gonna be doing all the fun stuff to it like bondo and painting. And there you have it. Everything takes time and patient to look good. So don't rush it.

Oke, ill try
How can i make a good/simple/easy unfold?

EDIT:

I've found out how to unfold.
But i just cant make it more detailed.

Sketchup: Freezes when loading
Anim8or: Too complicated
Blender: Too complicated
Pep Designer: A bit too limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back