DragonCon 2012 Parade Signup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the parade sign up has closed from dragon*con. goosebot got us signed up, but they (d*c) are limiting the space. dont know what the number is

we should be fine. i signed us up for 30 marchers i believe.

if theres anymore spots available i'll be going to dcon and is my first con ever, first suit and everything and im pretty much done with it
like i said if theres room id love march in with my personal Cortana as my +1
i wasnt aware of this thread so i feel a bit late buttttt...let me know plz

alrighty. there isnt much time before this actually happens, so if you have any questions about anything then now is the time to ask. double check all the meetup information. once you actually get there internet and cell phone reception goes byebye. i read today that they will be enforcing the weapons safety policies more strictly due some recent events, so make sure youre in compliance with all that jazz so that we dont get hassled at the parade start point.

alrighty. there isnt much time before this actually happens, so if you have any questions about anything then now is the time to ask. double check all the meetup information. once you actually get there internet and cell phone reception goes byebye. i read today that they will be enforcing the weapons safety policies more strictly due some recent events, so make sure youre in compliance with all that jazz so that we dont get hassled at the parade start point.

thats one thing i needed to ask about.. the weapons thing all barrels need to be cautionary orange right.?? like the orange tips and such, or whats the deal on that..??

also some ppl were saying the parade was firday some said it was sat morning..??
im more than sure its sat morning and were meeting at the mariot before 08:30?

D-Con Weapon Policy:

this is what ive found and every other topic off google i could find was posting in like...08..boo..
so does anyone know if you have to have orange tips for weapons..??
the one im taking has no working slide or anything just the trigger sooooo...i wasnt too sure cuz i was building a suppressor onto my little gun i found i wasnt sure of the exact restrictions..??
help??

Please abide by our weapons policy: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons includes water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and rule #7 enforced. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons - thanks!

Y'all can scratch me off of the marching list. I had some financial issues come up, and it came down to either finish my build, OR attend. Couldn't do both, and attending is my priority, so I'm not gonna have a suit for the con. So if someone else wants to march, they can have my slot.

you can still walk in the parade. if you have a 405th shirt or a halo shirt. you might carry the banner

if i remember right, adam had them for sale. i believe there was a thread somewhere in the classifieds, but they might not be available currently.

if i remember right, adam had them for sale. i believe there was a thread somewhere in the classifieds, but they might not be available currently.

ok thank you :)
still in a tough situation tryin to figure out what the best way to get my suit there is.. mailing it to my uncle in GA or just flying with it.. one comes wth a big pricetag the other with ATF goin through my suit..plus not to mention i dunno how much theyll charge for the luggage fee on it.. blaaaaaaahhhhhh

question from Adam stolz, he currently does not have internet access. understandable 405th is a Halo based group but, unfortunately his Halo kit that he wore for the parade last year has been destroyed. He is currently finnishing a War Machine kit and would like to march with the 405th in the parade.. he did obtain the files he used from the 405th. Any suggestions will be passed onto Adam.

Dcon Weather Report:

what the eff mate..
405thweather.jpg

did this happen last year..???
first con ever, first suit ever, and my 3rd trip out of state..and rain :(
boo...
hopefully it just comes and goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back