DragonCon 2019 Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Today was registration day for the parade. I have taken care of that for 80 spots as usual. We won't need to do anything about this for a couple of months now so I'll be locking this thread until then.

If you plan on marching with the 405th, please DO NOT register separately. Your registration is included in the above. As well, this amount accounts for UNSC members that are planning on marching with us.

Parade Sign up Is Officially Open.
We are taking the time to post this information so take the time to read it!

A few quick notes:

YOU MUST HAVE A 405th COSTUME.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE DEPLOYED.

YOU CANNOT SIGN UP HANDLERS/NON- COSTUMED/NON-405th MEMBERS.

INCLUDE YOUR FULL REAL NAME.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE 50 POSTS/90 DAYS AND AREN'T PART OF A REGIMENT TALK TO ME FIRST.

YOU MUST HAVE A SATURDAY DCON PASS TO MARCH.

As usual, we want to have 99.999% of people in Halo costumes. We do need a few handlers and again, we want those handlers to be people willing to help everyone, not just the person they are there with, and have some experience in handling. Handlers need to be a little bossy from time to time to keep things going and they need to watch out for members who are in trouble due to costume malfunctions, over heating or bad crowd interactions (although this last one has thankfully never happened). Please keep all of this in mind over the coming weeks so you know that any non-costumed requests may be denied.

RULES FOR THE PARADE
1. Everyone registered MUST have 405th gear.
2. Everyone registered MUST be registered by forum name and real name.
3. You CAN register someone else, but you cannot register them as a "guest". See number 2.
4. We will NOT be registering any handlers at this time. IF YOU REQUIRE A HANDER DUE TO SOME SORT OF MEDICAL CONCERN, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE SO WE CAN ENSURE YOU ARE LOOKED AFTER IN TERMS OF HAVING YOUR HANDLER REGISTERED.
5. If you are a dual member of the 405th and UNSC Capitol - please state that you are. Rick will be collecting UNSC names and providing them to me. I don't at all mind which ever group you are technically marching with but I do want to ensure that you are only counted once.
6. All those marching must be a full member with 50 posts/90 days and/or be part of a Regiment already. If you do NOT have this, please come talk to me.
7. You do not need to be deployed to march, but we would love for you to take the opportunity to get your deployment going or get your photos taken at DCon to submit on your return. It's also a great time to get some feedback from other members in person.
8. You MUST have a Saturday or Weekend pass for DCon to march. You must also have that pass on you for the parade. It doesn't have to be visible but you do need to be able to show it if asked.
9. At this time, we cannot guarantee that children will be allowed. It will depend 100% on our member numbers. Come talk to me if this is an issue for you. IF we have spares and can add in a couple of kids, we'll need them to be Halo-ified. We aren't supposed to have non-costumed people marching. We make the exception for a few handlers out of necessity but we need to keep that to a minimum. Again, come talk to me and let's see what we can figure out.

Please understand that us holding spots we don't use means that others don't get the chance to march. As well, if you sign up for a spot, DO NOT MISS THE PARADE. I get it, it's easy to stay out way too late and not be in any shape to march. But you will be taking a spot from someone else - potentially even another member of the 405th so treat Friday night as a non-excessive partying night so that you're good to go for Saturday morning. Please do not bail on us for the Parade.

Meet up times and locations etc. will be posted much closer to the date.

If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, please message me asap!

P.S.: I know all of this seems a little harsh, but with the Parade wanting us to be accountable for not only having 100% costumes in the parade (we cannot - we need at least a couple non-costumed to herd the cats) and being accountable for the number of badges we take each year, we are forced to be a little more strict with all of this. The demand to be in the parade grows each year and have no doubt that if they start seeing that we aren't using what we ask for properly, they will start putting a cap on how many we can ask for.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!

Me and my dad ( Tyler/Steelwolf000 and rich/White dragon) I’ll be in spartan armor and he will be in battle ready uniform

Cadet - James Ficker. Caboose.

Vlad - Medic ODST armor

Gari Jimenez- UNSC Capitol/ soon to be Southern Regiment.

Ozzy S-286 - Mark VI Spartan

Robert Steffenson, UNSC Capitol/Soon to be Southern Regiment.

Asgardianhammer - Robert Letts
HAZOP SPARTAN

Church- Kyle Paul
Reach EOD

I'll be there! In my newly finished Dutch costume, and Jennifer will be along for costume handling and photography if that's helpful.
We probably won't be able to attend the photo shoot or Dinner unfortunately as I'll be in the make-up chair for the rest of the day for another event later that evening.

Parade Sign up Is Officially Open.
We are taking the time to post this information so take the time to read it!

A few quick notes:

YOU MUST HAVE A 405th COSTUME.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE DEPLOYED.

YOU CANNOT SIGN UP HANDLERS/NON- COSTUMED/NON-405th MEMBERS.

INCLUDE YOUR FULL REAL NAME.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE 50 POSTS/90 DAYS AND AREN'T PART OF A REGIMENT TALK TO ME FIRST.

YOU MUST HAVE A SATURDAY DCON PASS TO MARCH.

As usual, we want to have 99.999% of people in Halo costumes. We do need a few handlers and again, we want those handlers to be people willing to help everyone, not just the person they are there with, and have some experience in handling. Handlers need to be a little bossy from time to time to keep things going and they need to watch out for members who are in trouble due to costume malfunctions, over heating or bad crowd interactions (although this last one has thankfully never happened). Please keep all of this in mind over the coming weeks so you know that any non-costumed requests may be denied.
I’m handicapped and have a handler dedicated to me. He will not be in costume. He pushes my wheelchair. I’ve been trying to use a link someone gave me to register, but it did not work. I want to be there for the parade. Where do I sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back