Dragoncon Parade 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
we did registered in time... they contacted me to make sure we're still walking

- - - Updated - - -

don't know how I missed getting signed up but myself plus 3 so total of 4

also Ronald the gears of war costumer (in the wheelchair) is going to be there and he was unable to sign up in time and was unable to get parade passes and I was going to see if we had 2 extra that he and his wife could use.

i believe we have more than enough to add them to the list

Am I too late to register for the parade... I only just confirmed my ability to attend.

If anyone has some room, floor room even, then could share for the con, I would be eternally grateful!
I'm happy with the floor, and will contribute to room expenses, hell i'll even buy you a dinner!
I had a friend who I was supposed to go down with, but they backed out because of expenses, and it would really help me too if I could share costs with someone(s).

Please let me know if any of you guys/gals going has room for a 32 year old guy who is semi quite and keeps to himself. Also i'll be bring my full tool set for repairs and such, so I can help you fix anything you may need.

Thanks, Richard

Richard, I am looking to build some Mark VI MJOLNIR Armor. If I get it done and get a room (Buddies already have one) I will let you know and you can join us.. I just need to finish this armor first...

Awesome, man, keep in touch with me!
My suit is actually the plastic Microsoft version, kinda a cop out to all the other builds on here, but it's what I could afford and had time for last year.
However I've moded the heck out of it.

As for foam builds, one of the best I've seen so far is Liltyrants build http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35790-KAT-ARMOR-BUILD-with-custom-undersuit

I suggest nylon straps and parachute clips for attaching pieces together though, Velcro tends to wear out quick.
Also be very careful with hot glue being exposed to sun, anything over 80 degrees out seems to heat it up enough to start melting it, and if it's too close to your body, it will do the same thing.
I use and special liquid nails glue for plastics, I can't find my pic on it, but if I can remember, i'll post about it. it takes a while to cure, but it doesn't loosen to heat once it's cured. :)

Put me down as well then. I'll actually be Dr Fenix from Gears and I'll walk with Ronald (and my wife will still be coming as Cortana)

not to be that guy, but I see counting down to spots left and noticed that myself and family were not added to the list. don't know if we are being counted in the countdown but don't want to disappoint the family and show up sat morning and there not be room.

To be completely honest, signing up is just to get an idea of how many are in a group. I have signed up for the past 2 years, and each time something happens, and there are no parade passes for me. But I walk anyways, and have not had any issues.

Also, some people will drop out. You should be fine Walt.

So two questions, 1: are there threads for any other meetups at Dcon? I'm in touch with a lot of you on facebook but just wanted to see. I saw mention of a dinner somewhere. 2: In concern with the parade, I was planning on having my wife tag along with here camera and take pics of all of us, would this be a problem? she won't be in costume. and on that note my wife will have cameras, she's not a professional photog but will be happy to do photoshoots with anyone, just let me know here or on facebook (Jeremie Sloan)

I've seen people tag along for taking pictures. That shouldn't be an issue either. Just show up and have fun.

I think they let us slide, because we are such an awesome looking group. lol

There is a thread for a meetup here
As more people "sign up" the details will be worked out.

OK Jeremie convinced me. Go Team Majestic. Figuring out how to ship Spartan Thorne to ATL. Generally are the group pictures right after the parade? The Mass Effect shoot is at 1PM so we'll be changing for that and then the DC shoot at 3:30PM. Full day Saturday however I'm sure we'll be back in Halo other times, especially for parties (cause who doesn't want to party with Cortana? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back