Dragonknight's Hayabusa Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys and girls. I started on my Hayabusa finally. So far I finished the helmet. I know it's shiny in the pics I could only get gloss paint in the colors I wanted. I bought one of Ithica's hayabusa casts and cleaned it up, cut out the vents, and painted it. Thanks Ithica for the helmet I'm greatly enjoying it.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

Looking good there! I like the color scheme too. Do you plan to add a gold visor or a different color one?

If you want it to be less shiny, there are clear coats like matte and flat spray paints that do that. Just thought you should know if you want it less plastic looking.

Looking good there! I like the color scheme too. Do you plan to add a gold visor or a different color one?
I'm going to put a gold visor in that was meant for my MK VI before I put it on hold.

If you want it to be less shiny, there are clear coats like matte and flat spray paints that do that. Just thought you should know if you want it less plastic looking.
Yeah when I looked at the clear coat I bought it was a matte finish. I had put on a coat after I had posted the pics.

WOW! what did you use for the top?
I used chrome spraypaint. After I use the clearcoat it will be dulled a bit though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. I finally got the helmet finished. I decided not to do any battle damage on this armor to try to save time. But anyway here is the completed helmet minus lights.

halocostume001-3.jpg

halocostume003-5.jpg

halocostume004-4.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

Looks like a good fit, though I think it 's abit big? :D and that helm is crazy, looks incredible, like the paint job :D

Thanks Ithica and Adam did a really good job making the mold and Ithica did a nice job on the cast. Believe it or not it's actually a little tight with the padding.

Absolutely stunning. Your paint job and attention to detail really sets it off. I did the easy part, you did the hard part by doing a color scheme that works and painting it to look so good. You have done us great justice. I am very happy you are enjoying the helmet. Once again very impressive.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Absolutely stunning. Your paint job and attention to detail really sets it off. I did the easy part, you did the hard part by doing a color scheme that works and painting it to look so good. You have done us great justice. I am very happy you are enjoying the helmet. Once again very impressive.

Ithica
Thanks Ithica. I had wanted to do the double visor and other details for this helmet but decided against it for the sake of time and difficulty.

Spawn Camp3r said:
I like the chrome, very spiffy!
thanks Spawn. I decided on the chrome instead of white to try and have a cooling effect inside the helmet. I'm hoping it will have a mirror effect on the california sun and heat. It's gonna be hot enough with the full suit.

Alright everyone time for a long awaited update. Here is what I have done of the torso so far. I've started putting the hayabusa parts onto it and almost have the inside completely fiberglassed. I also have the left shouder almost ready for its hayabusa add on.

HaloArmor009.jpg

HaloArmor010.jpg

HaloArmor012.jpg

HaloArmor013.jpg

HaloArmor014.jpg

HaloArmor015.jpg

Ithica said:
Ok quick question....does your head fit through the neck ring? I had an issue with that.

Ithica
What I was planning to do was to actually cut the ring itself in half along the main torso cut line so it will be able to fit around my neck and I can still get my head through it.

Hi everyone. I finished the fiberglassing of the torso along with installing the hayabuysa parts as well. I started prepping the torso for sanding and painting. I cut the torso in half and filled the hayabusa add ons with expanding foam. Here are pics of before I cut the torso. I will have those pics either later tonight or tommorrow.

HaloArmor001.jpg

HaloArmor002.jpg

HaloArmor003.jpg

great use of the duplicolor chrome. if you want it shiny dont use the clear on it. the chrome is suppose to be a stand alone paint, i found that out after i showed my helmet to my friend who paints cars. but i think it looks great . and the chest piece good so far too.

This is coming along great! The chest and bicep look really well put together. Your Hayabusa=Awesome Ithica's helmet is truly a masterpiece. ;) Looking forward to seeing more! I can tell that you really know what you are doing. Which often isn't the case with newer guys. Good luck man! :)

HeavyGunner said:
This is coming along great! The chest and bicep look really well put together. Your Hayabusa=Awesome Ithica's helmet is truly a masterpiece. ;) Looking forward to seeing more! I can tell that you really know what you are doing. Which often isn't the case with newer guys. Good luck man! :)
All I can say about that is that when your mom has been doing crafts since you were 4 years old something has got to rub off lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back