Drgnfyre4's Foam War Machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some black gloves to help bring the hands closer to completion. Strapped up and test fit the upper thigh to check its scale and make sure it doesnt grind against the codpiece. I am happy with the fit, so I will knock the other thigh out this weekend.
WMtestfit4b.jpg

Looking good dude. Will you be lighting this bad boy up and have the motorised gun barrels?

WMfulltest1.jpg

So this is as far as I am going to take this suit. Not worth finishing the guns and lights. Foam in my opinion is too fragile for the rigors of putting on by yourself. Took me an hour to get into this, and the parts became very creased and damaged just during the process of getting suited up, let alone what will happen walking a convention floor, or even being transported in a car to an event. Foam is definetly not what I had hoped it would be and gonna switch to resin and fiberglass. My Master Chief, and other armor suits can take a pounding and be easily repaired. This piece of garbage is going right into the trash after tommorows event.

You're suit looks awesome from here, to bad it's not up to you're standards. I'm sorry to hear that It's a 1 time use only build.

It looks great, I can not dwell much on my appointment due to the translator (not always reflect what I mean) of all so you can see this tutorial, can you do to change the look for the rubber eva, successes

http://www.xrobots.co.uk/coating/

Se ve muy bien, no puedo extenderme mucho en mi cita debido al traductor (no siempre refleja lo que quiero decir), de todas manera usted puede ver este tutorial, puede que lo haga cambiar la mirada para con la goma eva, exitos

Its a shame that your are not happy with your suit man. Like thorn said, it looks great.
I do have a suggestion, instead of throwing it away, why not maybe put it up in the classifieds or something, or maybe donate it to charity :) im sure it would put a smile on someones face. Just a suggestion like i said, its your armor and yours to do with as you please.

On a side note, cant wait to see more from you in the future :)

Despite the difficulties you're encountering with the foam, this looks totally awesome.
And why are you throwing it out once you use it! You could make some sort of war machine model/statue out of it or like what Mstruv said. It just seems sad that all of your hard work would go to waste like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back