Dry time, and the nearest amount of hardener for resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harican89

hey dudes

yesterday ive got my resin and the hardener for my armor.
so i start resin a trash pice to check out the results.

ive used 12ml of resin and 1ml of hardener.
after an hour i check the result, but it was still sticky.
i let it dry overnight but, today it is sticky again. i let it dry in the sun now, i hope this will helps.

but what do you think ive done wrong? the amount of hardener?
by the way it is sticky AND not hard... its still flexible

how many drops of hardener should i use in 12ml resin?

ive follow the manuel. it says 1-2 percent of hardener in the variable amount of resin.
what is the default dry time of the bondo resin? (i dont have bondo...)

by the way, check out the scaling thread for your problem ;)

I usually take 4% hardener with the resin. Just to make sure everything cures correctly. Also, if it's cold, use more hardener. And mix it thoroughly!

I agree S1l3nt
If it's cold use more hardener and if is hot use less hardener ^^.

For your problem I think you need use a bit more hardener or mix more.

PS : I have look your post and I have use it by a software ;)

Temp fix

I've had times where I just didn't seem to add enough hardener. I usually measure by how many drops I put in, and when things just don't seem to set I drip a little hardener on the sticky piece and brush it around. Seems to work for me.

Of course, you could always put on another coat of resin (this time with more hardener!) and it'll be non-stick as well as more durable.

thanks dudes, i will try it out and post the result here...

by the way, ive 2 sorts of resin, one for the work with the fiberglass and one more fluid for the resin cover, all over the armor pice.

should i need more or less harder for the less fluid (to work with fiberglass)

Another thing you can try if this happens again (as it's happened to me multiple times even though I'm sure I added enough hardener), if after a few hours it's still sticky, take a heat gun or a hair dryer to the piece. Heat gets the drying/curing process started and helps it along nicely.

hmm, thanks iam gona try this tomorrow...for this day, iam pepping more parts of my armor during the drying of the resin.

tomorrow i report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back