Duke's Skyrim Nightingale Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, Duke. Terrific job! Are you keeping the patterns you used, by chance? That'd be a great opportunity to upload them.

That's okay Sean Anwalt. For future reference the male Nightingale was only on his DeviantArt page. Or I can send them to you if you'd like.

I did make these templates today for the hood leather and leather mask, all by myself. :)
20190210_200735.jpg 20190210_200747.jpg

UPDATE:

My single piece shots are definitely not as cool as PaiganBoi 's monster hunter progress shots, but I'm happy with the work that I've been putting into it and I think it will pay off once it's all together. Here's what I have sewn so far:
20190210_230918.jpg

Last edited:
That's okay Sean Anwalt. For future reference the male Nightingale was only on his DeviantArt page. Or I can send them to you if you'd like.

I did make these templates today for the hood leather and leather mask, all by myself. :)
View attachment 266054 View attachment 266055

UPDATE:

My single piece shots are definitely not as cool as PaiganBoi 's monster hunter progress shots, but I'm happy with the work that I've been putting into it and I think it will pay off once it's all together. Here's what I have sewn so far:
View attachment 266056
Considering your piece shots are all made of leather.... I believe that makes yours cooler.

Thanks guys. :)

Are you using anything like a pair of pliers to help push the needle through? It might save you hands/fingers from punishment.
Pliers, band aids and rubber gloves. But I don't have much finger strength to begin with so it's the actual finger muscles that are getting strained holding the leather in place for hammering, flipping the leather back and forth as I thread and of course threading itself.

Snow day! Should have another big workday today .

Yes Dirtdives I have the correct tools. :p

Update:

I put in another 10 hours today, nothing really picture worthy, but I'm reeeeealy close to having the main part of the armor all done.

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I bought leather edge dye and am proceeding to pretty up all the edges. Once it dries you can barely tell it did anything. Lol. Two coats and it does help make the edge more consistent.
20190211_210458.jpg

I should have a really good update tomorrow night.

Yes Dirtdives I have the correct tools. :p

Update:

I put in another 10 hours today, nothing really picture worthy, but I'm reeeeealy close to having the main part of the armor all done.

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I bought leather edge dye and am proceeding to pretty up all the edges. Once it dries you can barely tell it did anything. Lol. Two coats and it does help make the edge more consistent.
View attachment 266100

I should have a really good update tomorrow night.
Maybe it'll be another snow day and you can put another 10 hours in!

Still no awesome update... Sorry! (lots of time set aside for this weekend)

Right now I'm finishing up the leather part for the hood ornament and the face mask.
20190217_142600.jpg

We've also settled on a quiver, Daedric. Simple so it should be easy to construct. I've unfolded the template so I can just cut the whole thing out of one big cardboard, then wrap that in fabric.
Untitled2.pngDaedricarrow.jpg

Lastly, we've been deciding on what material to use for the cape and hood. So far we've narrowed it down to wool or suede. I've bought both, just need to make a decision. The wool seems like it will be reeeeaaallly hot.

Last edited:
I can just cut the whole thing out of one big cardboard, then wrap that in fabric.

No, man! It's Daedric! Make it out of the dyed leathery skin of your enemies!

You do what you want for the Cape, but I would recommend not using wool. Poor nightingale is going to be wrapped in a leather air- conditioning-proof suit. An extra layer of wool is going to suck noodles for heat.

No, man! It's Daedric! Make it out of the dyed leathery skin of your enemies!

You do what you want for the Cape, but I would recommend not using wool. Poor nightingale is going to be wrapped in a leather air- conditioning-proof suit. An extra layer of wool is going to suck noodles for heat.

While definitely a normal concern, this guy wears coats in the house during summer and complains when the window gets open. I'm not worried about the leather, but yeah adding an extra blanket on top of his head may not be a good idea.

Update:

If I never stitch leather again I don't think I'll be disappointed. Put in 11 hours since Friday and I finally have the main armor part done. (Backside to show stitching)
20190223_143843.jpg 20190223_143907.jpg
I probably could have done 3" stitches and the beginning and end of each piece, but considering the material I didn't want to skimp any corners.

I did get these in the mail today from the illustrious TurboCharizard ! I think they will do the job quite nicely.
20190222_213759.jpg
I'll be trying EvaKura's 3d print finishing technique today. If it works I'll pester him to write a tutorial! Lol.

Still soooooo much to do. But, I'm hoping with the biggest pieces out of the way the rest will snowball to completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back