Dvine Infektion's Odst Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hello. Back into action. im not quite a noob here, but it seems you get more views and better responses here, so.

Ive finished the MKVI and desided to move onto the ODST. Tryin to finish before the Metro Comic Con next month in Novi, Michigan so i can wear the odst suit instead of my MKVI. Heres what we have soooo far.

odsthelmfront.jpg

odsthelmleft.jpg

odsthelmright.jpg

kicked the helm out in just under 24 hrs. a few lil imperfections but they should end out good after i bondo.

torsofront.jpg

torsopic.jpg

the torso i started last night, and finished this morning. and im aware the neck collor lip is missing. that thing was uncomfortable as hell. so i removed it. you'll get over it =0p

odstshoulderright.jpg

odstshoulderleft.jpg

and the shoulder i just finished bout an hour ago.

testfit2.jpg

test fit on the helm. sized good, but ALOT of room inside. (learned my lesson w/ my MKVI helm being very snug) but just gonna pad it up.

so this is the begining of my WIP. i'll keep everyone posted as i complete pieces. any and all critisim is welcome, as well as questions.

you can count on this thread being pic heavy. =0p

thanks for checkin me out and hope to get some feed back.

i dont have the speed to compete with you... :( let alone anyone on the 405th. lol good thing i make that up in quality. :)

If you wanna get that done in time for that convention, you better get on the ball and devote EVERY little bit of free time you have! You have less than 30 days to do it! D: It would be cool if you could get that done in time though! :D

HaloGoddess said:
If you wanna get that done in time for that convention, you better get on the ball and devote EVERY little bit of free time you have! You have less than 30 days to do it! D: It would be cool if you could get that done in time though! :D

Haha, yes true. and i am putting in ALL my extra time. not to mention i got alot of college $#!T on my plate. its gunna be tight. but theres a few pieces im not making for the suit. like all the extra paks. butt pak, and back packs n such. and prolly no forearms if its getting warmer. just go w/ 3/4 rolled sleeves. lol. but it will be dont before the convention you can count on that.

and yea i can pep fast cuz i dont have much else to do at the moment aside from a bit of school, and chillin w/ the g/f's kid. so its all good. and quality is always important even for a quicker build. whats the point if your gonna look like ass? im just covering the major bases, and using some of my leftover gear from from when i was in the marines to gear this odst up. so it should flow good.

thx for the crit. keep clickin in.

btw almost donw w/ my main chest piece. =0p only gotta build the right side and support struts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only school stuff? Don't you work too? You're gonna need that money to make your stuff too! :p

HaloGoddess said:
Only school stuff? Don't you work too? You're gonna need that money to make your stuff too! :p

ha no unfortunatly i dont work. im medicaly retired from the marines thanks to my deployment in Iraq back in 2006-2007 and getting blown up. soooo i get paid for the rest of my life thx to those douchers. lol. and i will be goin to work once i finish school. but until then i got suffecent funds and semi decent time to build. i mean i cant afford to go all out and get molds and start casting up pieces. so pep n glassing will have to do.

Finished my main chest piece last night. had classes this morning and the site was down so im posting it up now.

odstmainchest.jpg

and just for the hell of it this was my lil display of the MKVI and my AR. the "Spartan Memorial". Unfortunatly its now just all stacked up in a pile in the corner of my ex-wifes basement cuz she's a "insert choice word here" and refuses to let me pick up my belongings.

spartanmemorial.jpg

look for more to be added soon. i should be working on the lower ab plates next. thx for checkin in.

Dvine Infektion said:
ha no unfortunatly i dont work. im medicaly retired from the marines thanks to my deployment in Iraq back in 2006-2007 and getting blown up. soooo i get paid for the rest of my life thx to those douchers. lol. and i will be goin to work once i finish school. but until then i got suffecent funds and semi decent time to build. i mean i cant afford to go all out and get molds and start casting up pieces. so pep n glassing will have to do.

Unfortunate? I think I would be happy to not have to work and get money from someone else! LOL XD Then I could devote my time to armor making since I think I may want to get into this armor building thing as a small side job to make extra money. My fiance was actually amazed to see how my stuff started as just a bunch of pieces of paper and turned into this wearble, hardened costume! :pHe kind of wants to get in on it too!

You seem to be making some pretty decent progress on your armor though. If you plan everything out on what to get done and when to have it done by, you might be able to pull this off and have it ready in time for the convention. :pOf course, that also depends on the weather.

HaloGoddess said:
Unfortunate? I think I would be happy to not have to work and get money from someone else! LOL XD Then I could devote my time to armor making since I think I may want to get into this armor building thing as a small side job to make extra money. My fiance was actually amazed to see how my stuff started as just a bunch of pieces of paper and turned into this wearble, hardened costume! :pHe kind of wants to get in on it too!

You seem to be making some pretty decent progress on your armor though. If you plan everything out on what to get done and when to have it done by, you might be able to pull this off and have it ready in time for the convention. :pOf course, that also depends on the weather.

psh who cares about weather, im still goin. im a marine, im used to being hot/cold/tired/wet all while being loaded up in full gear (roughly 60 lbs) and carrying a 25lb rocket launcher and atleast 1 13lb. rocket. and if im lucky im not wearing a 60-80lb pak on my back, or worse, totting ammo. lol. so im not too worried, i'll still have fun. as for the money thing yea its nice to get paid and not work, but trust me its not always enough, and i get bored easily just sitting around. i WAS working at the detroit airport for a few months but they found out im on some meds thanks to my injurys and found a way to "let me go" because im a liabilty at work. but whatever.

and yea i had people laughing when i told them i was doin this armor project and it starts as paper. then when they seen the final product they were blown away.

Justanuthercap said:
Good work so far, and good luck with the deadline.

BTW, thanks for your service!

thanks for the crit. and i'll be hitting that deadline for sure.

and your welcome. i guess lol. i actually enjoyed the marines, injury and all didnt slow me. i only got mad when they were putting me out. 2 months before i did my 4 years.

Looks like a very clean pep job, especially the hand plates! You're working very fast compared to my rate lol.. would take me a month to scale, print, cut and pep up just once piece.. though I cant work on it but only about 2 days a week.. Still, very nice work!

carlino said:
Looks like a very clean pep job, especially the hand plates! You're working very fast compared to my rate lol.. would take me a month to scale, print, cut and pep up just once piece.. though I cant work on it but only about 2 days a week.. Still, very nice work!

Thanks. i think you meant the shoulder plates thou, not the hand plates. but its all good. This is my second Armor build, so i kinda got that hang of it now, so it goin pretty fast. As for the scaling, i just check to see what the piece is already scaled too, and the measure my body and factor in the hight and width myself. i learned scaling tricks the hard way with the MKVI. ALSO, with the MKVI there were alot more pieces, and they were ALOT bigger and i did ALL HD pieces except for the thighs. This time im picking and choosing which pieces i want to build, because i dont wanna have all those paks on my back and sides. From personal exsperence w/ the MKVI and being loaded up w/ real combat gear in Iraq, its not all that fun. SOOO im cutting down on the paks, and going more practical and tactical w/ the build rather than 100% replica of the WETA ODST. so it should work out to be pimp. and if not, i can always just build the lil paks and add em to the armor.

good luck on your build, taking your time is crutial. Dont rush too fast or you will make more mistakes than you'd like. (trust me on this one lol) And it also ties into your own personal time and budget on how much you can get done too, so no worries, just keep workin and i hope to see some of your awsome work. =op

So i took a few days off from the armor after i noticed my g/f getting kinda upset on the time it was consuming. but i did manage to work on her sons war machine helmet a little last night. so exspect some stuff to be finished today and posted up. =0p

Spartan-124 said:
Nice, clean folds on the ODST Helmet. What Weapon are you going to use?

Thank you thank you. Um well it depends. im tryig to get my MA5C AR (and the rest of my MKVI) from my damn ex wife's house. I was goin to install the barrel and a flash light to it. but if i cant get it back in time, i might go w/ the ODST pistol. im not sure. depends on how the time looks. but i'll let you kno when i get it in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back