E Flute Cardboard Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IshidaRyusei

Jr Member
So, I was doing an inventory of my art supplies and found that I still have a sheet of E flute that I haven't touched since my Industrial Design course in January. I'm thinking of using it towards my Spartan build but I want to know what's the generalized consensus on the stuff. Has anybody had the chance to use it? I know it's fairly easy to cut and is fairly easy to bend compared to thicker card. Would you recommend it for helmets or armour?

There's a couple links showing the difference of E flute to other grades:

http://www.cortecscenery.com/site_media/photologue/photos/CCConfigure_display.jpg

https://www.canadaoncanvas.com/images/articles/corrugated_cardboard_flutes.jpg

http://www.artpac.com/technical

Hey, after doing some research i'm fairly certain that you could make a great build using the cardboard. IMO, I don't think anyone will look down on you or your build by using cardboard.

I would go ahead and watch a youtuber called Dali DIY he has a few video series on different card board armor sets that I think would be great help.

Good luck and happy building!

Hey, after doing some research i'm fairly certain that you could make a great build using the cardboard. IMO, I don't think anyone will look down on you or your build by using cardboard.

I would go ahead and watch a youtuber called Dali DIY he has a few video series on different card board armor sets that I think would be great help.

Good luck and happy building!

Thanks man :) I'm fairly good at using cardboard and papier mache to create nice armor. It's a bit of a tedious process but when done nicely it looks really good. I've also made a bodypiece using Wooden reed and twine but that's a tale for another time >.> I'll tackle this project as soon as I'm done my FoamBoard MA5C build. Going to do a dry test with pepakura during the week if I can. I think the next step would be to hunt down some good pepakura files of the Chief's helmet.... After I decide on a Mark and work on scaling. This whole thing is a giant learning curve for me XD

Love the outside the box thinking........I too like to use unconventional material. Foamboard is my fav.....

Pun intended?

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Love the outside the box thinking........I too like to use unconventional material. Foamboard is my fav.....
lol thanks :) I like to try and find alternative methods to creating things. The twine and reed though... That was a school project and me being the ambitious type I am..... I made a fullbody corset armour thing... Ohh the hot glue burns... too many hot glue burns and finger pinches trying to cut the reed with scissors. I made it into the hall on campus though so it was worth it. That thing is like being put on the pedestal at Sheridan.

Pun intended?

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Dam your quick........Puns are always intended.

Jme.....Cardboard box.......thinking out side of it...........unfortunately you were collateral damage in that exchange......I'll make it up you you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back