EDIT first set of armor. what do you gus think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

th_Picture092.jpg
th_Picture091.jpg

looks waytoo big, i look like a bobble head. assembled size is Height=31.9cm Width=27.8cm Depth=40.7.
i just used the file from the Pepa Tutorial and printed it out didnt alter scale or anything. Wasnt sure if i had to.

Thats fit for a 7 foot Spartan. Not you.

Excellent folds I might add though.

Good job, just scale it next time and you will be golden.

-Doom

so let me see if i got this right. my height is 67 inches.

Divided by 86 is 0.77906.

Multiplied by 30.342 is 23.63.

So 23.63 is the new scale right?

Thanks i just wanted to double check.

Now that's a bobblehead chief! :p

Very nicely put together man. I'm sure it'll be even more awesome when you get the scale down right

dannifood4less said:
oh my lord! how many pages did that take?

give that one to Arnold Swartzinegger, then maybe we can see a live action halo movie :)
He's actually only like 5' 3".

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i just printed one out with the scale at 24. one question. how much do you guys trim from the neck area ofthe helmet? cuz the big one barely fits over my head. once im in it, theres alotta room lol. the neck area is just too small, and now that he helmets smaller im not sure how it will turn out.

MandoMan531 said:
yea i just printed one out with the scale at 24. one question. how much do you guys trim from the neck area ofthe helmet? cuz the big one barely fits over my head. once im in it, theres alotta room lol. the neck area is just too small, and now that he helmets smaller im not sure how it will turn out.

i had to trim alot, i took the whole back section out due to this problem..

HaloArmorCreation025.jpg

when i wear my armor, im just gonna wear a balaclava to cover the back of my neck so it will look all black..

i think it looks fine like that...

also keep in mind, the back peice of the armor comes way up, so it will cover that area pretty decently..
HaloArmorCreation009.jpg

but thats if your making the full armor..

hope this helps.. good luck and keep us updated

yeaim making th complete armor. how close are your eyes to the lens?

just got done the visor part of the new one and i think itll be a bit too small. *sigh* lol. luckily i printed one out in scale 26 as well. so im cutting the 26 out now.

th_Picture094.jpg
th_Picture093.jpg

finished the 26 scale helmet. i think it looks pretty dead on. maybe a tad big. but man i barely have any room in there.

might be hard to judge from pics, but do you guys think it looks proportionate?

EDIT- went ahead and printed out the chest/backpack in scale 26 as well.

Print the chest first.
It's an easier build and if that fits your golden.

I have an even bigger helmet. Was the proof of concept when I started making the papekura templates..:)

so i finished a couple pieces. what do you guys think? the bicep i know is gonna hafta be trimmed down. these are all scaled the same at 26. overall i think it looks proportianate. like i said im gonan trim it down quite a bit, and the underlayer is gonna be some kind of padding/fabric like a vest, and padding under the thigh and calf parts. The bicep and lower arms will be done the same way.

Picture096.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture.jpg

so do you guys think it looks like it fits? it looks slightly big in some areas, but im going to trim it down a bit around the joints and around the cuff of the gauntlet. also anywhere where it rubs together, like between the bicep and chest armor. the hand plate looks too big so i think ill just make one from styrene or something.

Looking good. Remember you can always tweak things after they are fiberglassed to get better movement.

You can also pad the biceps to give them some more distance from the forearms and the chest.

do you think a regular motorcycle visor will work with my helm? i want to do the double visor.

also, how do you get the digital readout on the AR? i searchd but didnt find anything specific. imgonna attempt it after the armor, and i wanna make it really detailed.

thanks alot for the comments.

i have previous experience in fiberglass so that should go well.

dont wear the chest piece like that thoughbring it so the back of the collar of the armor is nearly touching your neck but yes it look proportionate

yea i know how it goes on, just kind of hard to take the pic.

ya dont think the arm pieces look too big? im not sure but the seem a tad too long and fat.

i finsihed the crotch and ass piece those will be made into a belt with he crocth, back, and both side "ammo pouch" things, separated. All conncted with black webbing and 2 backpack buckles.

i also slimmed down the arm pieces just now by cutting legthwise down the inside part of the pieces and overlapping it and gluing it with hot glue. also shortened each peice a bit t osee how itd turn out. i think it looks better and i dont think i screwed the scale up too much. i was afraid the arms would look mismatched to the body and head.

Picture097.jpg

MandoMan531 said:
yea i know how it goes on, just kind of hard to take the pic.

ya dont think the arm pieces look too big? im not sure but the seem a tad too long and fat.

i finsihed the crotch and ass piece those will be made into a belt with he crocth, back, and both side "ammo pouch" things, separated. All conncted with black webbing and 2 backpack buckles.

i also slimmed down the arm pieces just now by cutting legthwise down the inside part of the pieces and overlapping it and gluing it with hot glue. also shortened each peice a bit t osee how itd turn out. i think it looks better and i dont think i screwed the scale up too much. i was afraid the arms would look mismatched to the body and head.
I don't know much about this since I'm quite new, but it's lookin' good, kiddo. It's definitely an improvement over what you started with.

I'm about 5'3", and I'm guessing you're somewhere around the same height as me..?

I think a scale of 25.23 might be your size, if that's the case. I could be wrong, as I have never done this before, but am attempting to build my own helmet...out of stupid, normal printer paper. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back