Props Edward Elreic Automail arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

I made this a while back with posterboard and resin, I still have it, but I forgot where I got the patterns for the arm. Here it is all painted and pretty.
automail2ob6.jpg

Whoa! Nice work dude!

I was thinking about making a suit of Alphonse's armor after my Mjolnir. Either that, or some Evangelion weapons. Not the Eva itself because well, they're three hundred feet tall, and only stick thin girls look good in Evangelion armor, or plug suits. Which sorta makes sense, because all three Evangelion (Maybe not Unit 00) have the soul of a female inside of their core.

Anyways, do you have plans on making his automail leg? If you have the pattern(For the arm), or find out where you got it, could you PM, or e-mail me the file? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This arm is one of the most accurate out there, the only one more accurate I have seen was done by a studio in actual metal, all others I have seen arent proportional or correctly detailed, mine has every detail from the anime itself, though the one thing it is missing is the fingers, the fingers had no patterns.

AoBfrost said:
This arm is one of the most accurate out there, the only one more accurate I have seen was done by a studio in actual metal, all others I have seen arent proportional or correctly detailed, mine has every detail from the anime itself, though the one thing it is missing is the fingers, the fingers had no patterns.

Did you SAVE the pattern? lol... but really. I'm looking around for alphonse's suit of armor. I want to build that next!

The most accurate one I have seen had wires and everything, but the main build was off rubber, it was a molded rubber arm and painted.

Also, this arm is wearable, but my arms are now too big, I made this a while back, and after growing a few inches since, this thing is now just a display prop.

AoBfrost said:
The most accurate one I have seen had wires and everything, but the main build was off rubber, it was a molded rubber arm and painted.

Also, this arm is wearable, but my arms are now too big, I made this a while back, and after growing a few inches since, this thing is now just a display prop.

Oh, bummer. Oh well, I'll be a searchin google for the pattern then!

I actually had old patterns for the fingers, I drank tons of soda to get the aluminum and cut them out, I got several cuts on my skin which hurt for days, but finally I could wear them with a glove with no problem, but like I said, I dont have them for this arm because I grew out of it.

Looks nice Frost. It's just about dead-on to the 1.0 arm. It would be cool to see it with the fingers. As to the fit, you wouldn't want to stay Ed-sized right? :lol:

You have any pics wearing it?

I was exactly his height when I made the arm, so the arm is a 1:1 scale, or very close. Now I am 5'8'', this arm is too small and too short.

Yeah. You really wouldn't want to stay his size. I'm 6' 1/2", so that really wouldn't fit me. Looks great anyways. Like you said, it is cool to display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back