Props Elecronic target for Boomco blasters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the foam bullets have enough velocity to actually move the pad enough to activate the switch? Have you tested her out yet?
not yet since I don't own any boomco blasters/ don't know how hard they shoot. I need to rely on my regiment to bring some to cons :) . Stock Nerf should be more than enough tho. I use small microswitches like the ones used in 3d printers. They don't need that much force. If I manage to get it all wired up tomorrow I'll test it with some nerfs.

That`s a cool idea! Kids will love it for sure!
Your work looks neat, some audio features would make it even better though!
Imagine a Brute roar or an Elite`s typical "Wort, Wort, Wort!" as an indicator for a critical hit.
You can improve from con to con until you have a broad range of Covies to shoot at....

Maybe i`ll get to see it, depending on where you take it this year.

I hope the kids like it :) I'm not familiar with soundchips but It can be upgraded since I'll do all with an arduino nano. I plan a big score display or something as well for the future. It will be mostly used in the german speaking area and maybe the Netherlands.

I hope the kids like it :) I'm not familiar with soundchips but It can be upgraded since I'll do all with an arduino nano. I plan a big score display or something as well for the future. It will be mostly used in the german speaking area and maybe the Netherlands.

My brother has been using this soundchip for a project, he's found them easy to use and he's just getting into electronics. Probably have to wire in bigger buttons but still...

My brother has been using this soundchip for a project, he's found them easy to use and he's just getting into electronics. Probably have to wire in bigger buttons but still...
sadly they don't seem to deliver this to Germany. I found the DFPlayer Mini while looking on the page tho and that seems to work for me. I' look into adding it in the future :)

Wiring is done! I just slapped some basic code on it so ot glows, the functions will be added tomorrow. I'm really happy with how this turns out.

IMG-20190217-WA0013.jpeg IMG_20190217_200457_381.jpg

I already said this to you, but I can't say it more often.
This built is more that amzing. I can't wait to see it this weekend and
I am sure the Con visitors and Kiddos will love it so much.

Amazing work right there :)

Code is done! We have a Idle mode (green/blue) a game mode (targets flash red on impact, 3 lives indicated by the top leds need to be hit in 30 seconds, all targets flash red or green depending on success after) and a training mode (targets flash red on impact, no time limit or scoring). Could not have done the code alone but got help by Ivyyy who is a coding godess.
So happy it works and it got done in time!

Last edited:
Code is done! We have a Idle mode (green/blue) a game mode (targets flash red on impact, 3 lives indicated by the top leds need to be hit in 30 seconds, all targets flash red or green depending on success after) and a training mode (targets flash red on impact, no time limit or scoring). Could not have done the code alone but got help by Ivyyy294 who is a coding godess.
View attachment 266463
That looks sooo good! You have really outdone yourself!

Code is done! We have a Idle mode (green/blue) a game mode (targets flash red on impact, 3 lives indicated by the top leds need to be hit in 30 seconds, all targets flash red or green depending on success after) and a training mode (targets flash red on impact, no time limit or scoring). Could not have done the code alone but got help by Ivyyy294 who is a coding godess.
View attachment 266463

Glad i could help :). This project is soooooooo amazing :D. You've really outdone yourself (y).

First con survived with minimal damage and upgrade ideas. People loved it and used it a lot, makes me a bit proud. Other exhibitors even said they need something similar on their booth. Upgrades for the future: remote start game button, score screen and sound.

I know some of you are waiting for me to upload the promised files for a while now. I have to apologize for keeping you waiting, I had some changes happening in my life and therefore I actually forgot that I wanted to upload those for a while. Basically all thats missing for me to do is a drawing for the woodwork and the wiring. I hope I can do that soon. I'm really sorry that I was not able to provide you with the stuff before Outpost Discovery, could have been useful there maybe...
But don't worry I still want to share my stuff with you guys. I recently got comissioned to make a wall for a different costume group so that could be a nice time to polish the code a bit as well. Sadly the target currently is in storage a few hours away so either I have to work off my head or wait until the next con in a few weeks to take measurements.

While I still did not get around to do it right, here are the code and .stl files.
You need 26 neopixel style leds (I used a WS2812b strip), a arduino and 5 of those small endstop microswitches for 3d printers. The files are intended for 8mm thick wood. The arduino can't drive all of the leds afaik so you need to wire the power to your psu (5v 2A should probably do the trick). Switch setup is with internal pullup so you need to wire those from GND to the inputs. The data wire for theleds goes to pin 3 on the arduino, the inputs for the targets go to 4,5,6,7 and 8. I hope this helps, if you have any quaestions please ask :)

Attachments

• brute.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 274
  • brute target.zip
    751.1 KB · Views: 302
Super cool Masky ! If I had any time I'd be tempted to make a couple, but for now I'll just keep it on the back burner :)

Update: I added a DFPlayer Mini and generally tidied up electronics. It can output sound now for game start, win, lose, and hits. I made a few parts to make transport less scary as well (some blocks it can sit on while collapsed instead of overstretching the hinges). Will post the updated code, wiring diagram, stls for the new parts and a sketch with dimensions later this week if all goes well.

Before:
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-06 at 11.33.25.jpeg

After:
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-06 at 11.32.40.jpeg

Yes I really used this for a year on cons on breadboard. Don't judge, it worked.

Now you can use your Nerf halo blasters for this as well!

I really want that AR. I hope it't not that expensive in germany.

Here is a little video with soime of the sounds it can do:

If anybody knows why that annoying flickering is there on some of the leds let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back