Elite-b17's Elite Costume With Progress Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know why you need armor-less elites unless you are trying to be a streaking Arbie.

edit: i would just make an educated guess as to what the hidden parts of the body look like judging that by observations made of the exposed parts.

Falling_Jihad said:
I really don't know why you need armor-less elites unless you are trying to be a streaking Arbie.

edit: i would just make an educated guess as to what the hidden parts of the body look like judging that by observations made of the exposed parts.

Well I was looking for more references on the head without the helmet. But The only scene is with the naked arbiter! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i found some 3d models of an elite without a helmet on google earlier today, so try google images for more helmetless pics. i foind them on a photobucket link.

bdup678 said:
i found some 3d models of an elite without a helmet on google earlier today, so try google images for more helmetless pics. i foind them on a photobucket link.

Ah great pics! Thanks man!

I followed that link and looks like someone posted tons of Elite helmet permutations. Most I have never heard of. Of course, they arent official but still cool.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17310067

scroll down until you see the post with all the links.

So I totally scraped my first head after realizing it didn't look exactly like an elite. If I do this costume it has to be perfect! :D So Iam sculpting the head from clay so it will look perfect. Yesterday I did a small one just to get a feel for what I should be like. Well Today I went to get the clay to start sculpting and I brought it home and it was dried out so I have to take it back tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for a lightweight clay? Im sculpting over a cardboard frame to keep it as light as possible.

pic of the small model:
IMG_00042.jpg

(full sculpt will be more detailed of course.)

you could try and scrap out some of the inside of the head to make it hollow and lighter. the only light weight clay i can think of is model magic by crayola

RadioactiV777 said:
Do a latex cast for the skin so it will be rubbery and flexible, it would be like real skin!

Thats what I was thinking about doing. Ive been reading up on the tutorials on the molded armor section. But I think that will be the best way to go.

bdup678 said:
last year i had to do some 3-d clay molding for engeneering class. we used prang molding clay. i post the link form office depot.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/3408...5loRI:10irjpv6n

it light and easy to detail. and i used it to mold auto-cad models so it should work fine for your project.

Hmm looks pretty good. Id have to get alot but its pretty cheap. Thanks for the link!

papamurf812 said:
I'm excited for this one. :)

Thanks! Been awhile since our other elite thread huh? By the way, did you end up continuing your elite?

Falling_Jihad said:
If you want to shave some lbs off of your sculpt you should make an armature out of newspaper and build off that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzBs3PM2W_4
kinda like this guy does.

Oh great idea! Thanks alot man!

I just wanted to let everyone know Iam still working on this project. I just havent had much time to update you guys. I wont let this go down the drain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back