Elite Costume Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was looking around on the interwebs and found some neat stuff. Then I had an idea, I drew up some sketches, have a look.
Working Jaw Design V1
elitemouthtest.jpg

Notes:
Things that are labeled are exactly what they are labeled as.
The red bar labeled motion retainer was a last minute addition as I saw there might be a problem if you allowed articulate joints to move freely.
The other red arrows indicate theoretical directions of movement.
This only works if you factor that the helmet will be worn on the head and not on a mannequin/dummy type head.
Without getting too much into it -
The basic idea is you open you mouth which moves a few motion bars that then pushes against the stationary spreader which extends and spreads the jaws apart. - (Course with more study and help from you guys I bet this print could become much more detailed and correct. Thats what I like about you guys -chock- full o' good ideas.)

@zaso - Once I was done it would be one total piece.
@FS - If you have some Honor Guard stuff that'd be nice.
Roodkill - I was thinking about something like that, and after some inspection of the video below I think those stilts would be awesome.... PS this video has been linked before don't remember who did it but thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
SomnusReloaded said:
HELP!
I've wanted to start making a Elite costume. I have all the parts on Pep and i found this file for the arbiter's face but i dont know how to unfold it. can anyone please help and unfold it i would greatly appreciate it

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/420864...lo2Arbitar.html

is this considered spam?

by the way lee, ever heard of "powerisers"? there these really cool springy stilts, that also fit the elites leg despriction perfectly

Thanks Pmander - did you make this stuff?????? If you did I would like to talk to you.
Edit after closer reading I see you did make it. You are awesome I want to learn from you.

Zen - I looked at those powerriser, jumpy things - they are very expensive. More than I want to spend right now.

Those stilts are amazing pmander..whats the name of those and where about could you order something like that?

also does anyone have any ideas for the head of the elite? i have the helmet but want to know how else to make the face/mouth besides from scratch, any idea? i have a pepakura design for the face but its not unfolded.

SomnusReloaded said:
Those stilts are amazing pmander..whats the name of those and where about could you order something like that?

also does anyone have any ideas for the head of the elite? i have the helmet but want to know how else to make the face/mouth besides from scratch, any idea? i have a pepakura design for the face but its not unfolded.

im not being harsh or anything, but this isnt your topic, if you want to talk about your suit and need help, post it in the noob forum and it will get answered in seconds

and lee, those stilits in the video, what are they wood?, ill probabily use something along those lines,

and have you started anything yet?, youve got a nice topic and all but i have yet to see some progress pics :D

keep us updated

-Zen

As of yet my progress is outlined in this thread, currently I'm just making intellectual progress - made the decision on the Elite model I want to use, getting input on the things I need information on, right now I'm trying to figure out if stilts are a possibility, if they aren't that's fine - if they are even better.
The lack of a definite answer will prolong any progress or creation because I wont know what scale to build anything to till I know how tall I will be.
O and yes they are made of wood, there is also a tutorial about them, if you check out there website.

leegrisham said:
right now I'm trying to figure out if stilts are a possibility, if they aren't that's fine - if they are even better.

Thought of jump stilts yet?

i2.jpg

They're expensive, but apparently pretty agile.

LEAPIN LIZARDS!!!

I'd love to get a set of these someday, but with my luck I'd break my hip!

The patent and techical drawings for them are available online. Maybe you could custom build something similar?

My neighbour has a pair, there awesome. Pretty hard at first but when you get accustomed to them theyre awesome but they cost him about $300. :cautious:

ya, theyre just another version of powerisers, there are hundreds of different brands, some expensive, some cheap, if i can find a half decent pair for a low price ill definately be using them, if money is a problem, ebay is your friend

ooh, so your just gathering information before actually making it? i see, always best to be prepared.

Zenzeigan said:
ooh, so your just gathering information before actually making it? i see, always best to be prepared.
That is my line of thought, with a lot of attempts and no competitions I thought it would be best if I gathered as much intelligence as possible.

leegrisham said:
That is my line of thought, with a lot of attempts and no competitions I thought it would be best if I gathered as much intelligence as possible.

good thinking, but thats not the way i usually do things, thats probabily why all my projects suck so bad :lol:

well im looking for some good ideas for elite/arbiter costumes, so ill watch this topic alot,
the only current problem im thinking of is undersuits, i understand they wear an undersuit, but its mostly the shape of their body that will be difficult, anyway, keep me updated,

-Zen

hey man theres this thing iv seen you might look into its called Digigrade legs thay might give you that angeled knee joint look that the elites have

You might wanna check out the Art of Halo book. It has some great reference pics of elites. Im pretty sure there was at least one of an elite without armor.

Oh and take a look at the other elite thread from like a year ago. There were some great ideas on making simple stilts to get the weirdly shaped legs.

Here's a cheap (and I'm sure much less robust) DIY alternative to the jumping stilts that have been mentioned a couple of times.

For the head, I'd suggest basically building an armature for the entire thing, with some straps like inside a hard hat. Add an elastic chinstrap with a plastic chinguard, screw the mechanism for the mandibles into it, and cover the whole thing with a rubber skin over foam padding. ventilate before wearing. if that was confusing, I can MSPaint a "schematic" for you.

good luck with your armour i made elite armour. and its coming along well ive just finished putting it all together and im ready for fibreglass then spray paint woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back