Elite Honor Guard Update #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan017

Jr Member
Now, for my first costume, I'm making the Sangheili Honor Guardsmen (or at least that's how you say it if you're a "Halo nerd"...), otherwise known as the Elite Honor Guard. In case you forgot, they are the Elite Majors (red Elites) wearing the decorated orange glowing armor who guard the High Prophets. And if you see any of my threads on the Noob Forum, don't even bother looking at them, because everybody hates me now because I'm simply trying to plan my costume.

But anyways, I have most of the armor figured out (and I'm using cardboard) except for the stilts and the hands. It's just going to be basic Elite armor, then I'll fiberglass it and paint it.

For the weapons, I'm going to be using an Energy Sword for sure. My plans for this are to take acrylic sheets (I think that's what they are...) and put 4 blue LEDs at the base of the sword, near the handle, 2 for each blade. The light goes all the way around the blades, and the batteries go in the handle. Then I'm going to use a little white spraypaint to make it not completely transparent.

After the costume and sword are done, I may make a Covenant Carbine. But for this, I will take my M16 airsoft gun (which has a removable stock, to make it easier...) and make the Carbine's shape out of cardboard, then fiberglass it and paint it. And, for an added touch, I'll buy some bright green BBs!

So if you have any advice, please comment!

Have you seen this video? He made some stilts for his arbiter costume. That same user has some videos of his energy sword too.

thatdecade;bt4320 said:
Have you seen this video? He made some stilts for his arbiter costume. That same user has some videos of his energy sword too.
Well those are kind of complex... I think I'm putting my costume on hold, because I don't have a whole ton of money. I won't start for a while... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back