Elites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcdonalds said:
im suprised that noone has made an elite suit, does anybody no why that is?
there are two that I know of I would post some pics but I'm responding on my phone

Last edited by a moderator:
well here are some reasons

1. the body structure isnt human
2. you would have to be covered head to toe in something
3. making the head would be a nightmare
4. seeing would be a bother.
5. breathing
6. bathroom
7. you are very vulnerable

but it has been done and with great results but it can be done just very challenging. i dont plan on making it and alot of people here do so just do careful planning before doing

mcdonalds said:
well i already no of 2 of them but i mean just not too many people have done it

Did this really need to be a new topic? What is the point, many have asked this.

well im new to this site i didnt know!

oh by the way does any body sell suits, if u do please tell me how much it will cost!

xalener said:
Did you even look around the site before posting?

ýØü sHÔûld dÔ tHÂt.....
ya a little i just didnt know y peeple didnt make the armor very often? im not 2 smart ok!

mcdonalds said:
well im new to this site i didnt know!

oh by the way does any body sell suits, if u do please tell me how much it will cost!

Yes plenty people sell suits.

The best one I've seen so far is the one from Comic-Con 2005 I think. Youtube it. It's freaking amazing, but there is no wrist movement.

eggmoe said:
The best one I've seen so far is the one from Comic-Con 2005 I think. Youtube it. It's freaking amazing, but there is no wrist movement.

Meh, wrist movement isn't that important. Why would want wrist movement? Its not like your gonna be..

I sure hope you don't do that in your suit ¬_¬

:p

crackhead09 said:
well here are some reasons

1. the body structure isnt human
2. you would have to be covered head to toe in something
3. making the head would be a nightmare
4. seeing would be a bother.
5. breathing
6. bathroom
7. you are very vulnerable

but it has been done and with great results but it can be done just very challenging. i dont plan on making it and alot of people here do so just do careful planning before doing

Fixing the problems
1) oodles of cardboard will rectify that
2) only if you are 7ft tall and grey-ish that one would be solved
3) study elites intently
4) put descreet eyeholes
5) put in vents (eg on the back)
6) a velcro seam
7) be surrounded by people you trust :lol:

I am working on one for Halloween (cardboard, of course, that is the only surplus I have)
I found pictures to the Youtube video and e-mailed them to my brother, and he thought it was a fake standing, he will be suprised (I sent him a link 2 the vid...)

If you wanna know about making it, talk to Sean Bradley. Check his out in the D Con pic thread. He'll be happy to tell you how much of a pain in the A....it was.

Sean Bradley Made One. It's an Arbiter. And I have seen 2 more. And If you want to make one, there are Arbiter Pepakura File on the Halo Costuming Wiki.

I have looked into this and will have a WIP soon. Concept is basically simple:
1. 7ft tall - Werewolf stilts. These make your heels become the backwards knee and will raise you up 10"- 12".
2. Skin – You will need a foam muscle suit underneath and a spandex over suit that will represent the elite skin.
3. Head – It can be done in latex and combined with a bike helmet should be able to work fairly well. My plan is to combine it with a time trial bicycle helmet. Anyone who has worn a helmet or latex head can tell you the simple truth, it’s hot. If it was easy to make then someone would put it in a box and sell 100’s of them right? That’s the purpose of this forum to discuss how to do things.
4. Hands – By using some arm extensions, there are a few tutorials online that show how to make articulating hands, you should be able to get a few inches of reach and address the 3 finger problem at the same time. With the spandex suit you should be able to move your arms / wrists fairly well.
5. Bathroom – Only plan on being in this thing for a few hours so bathroom is not an option. Plain and simple, hold it!
6. Vulnerability – Keep several Spartans around to help you out. Also WEAR A CUP! Kids like to kick.

My target is to work on this project over the next year but these are not things you can simply throw together so plan on it taking some time. That’s why most people fail, because they fail to plan on a realistic timeframe to complete a project. It is possible and I also know a guy in Europe who is working on the same project.

Here are some concepts pictures only. The foam muscle suit would have to be made to match an Elite and the helmet / head assembly I think needs to be a bit closer aligned to address movement and weight limits.
5ef5_3.jpg

Elite-1.jpg

beast-legs-2.jpg

So I challenge someone to take this project on with me and let’s see who can complete a great costume.

Bamabat

watch the bonus features of Hellboy

they show some great shots and footage of the water creatures and how they did the arm extensions

Sean Bradley said:
I'll have my 'making of the Arbiter' photoset up soonly..

Now that I can't wait to see, the suit it's self is amazing!

Sean Bradley said:
I'll have my 'making of the Arbiter' photoset up soonly..

Cant wait. Yours is pretty damned impressive.

As to other elites, there are a few. Matt Asanuma made this one, which was the first suit I'd ever seen (and he was about to sell to me for use in a store promotion until his workload got the better of him. I think the store manager would still be up for this, actually, its not like Halo has stopped being a major franchise).
640_elite18.jpg

(more images here)

There were two on HBO a while back that were cheap and cheerful versions, both looked like papermaché but were still impressive.

Frank Carradine made a good one (http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cybertron_elitearmor/)

And obviously Sean is the latest to join the, ahem, 'elite' club. And the second ever to actually do the legs properly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back