Ender06's Mk Vi Armor :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY Q@#()$& PAINT!

Thanks, I'm going as hard and fast as i can. I would love to spend more time on smoothing it, but i just don't have time. chock the dents and gouges from the sanding/dremel to battle damage XD I ate one meal today. ><

Here are the finished hand pieces and ab pieces. I'm quite suprised that the paint job came out as well as it did for weathering (considering I'm in a DAMN hurry)

IMG_1003.jpg

And here's the shoulder piece with the base silver coat.
It's Fiberglass> bondo> primer> silver (2-3 coats) > green (2 coats) then steel wool to scuff the edges.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Box: Lol thanks, though the smooth is only on the big portions ><... (don't look at the back of the shoulder >.< )

I hope to get the shins pepped, and the chest painted tomorrow...

couple of questions. first, did you get all of those pep files from wiki? if not, could you point me the right direction?. Second, I was wondering how tall you were or if you had to scale them at all because I have found that most of the pep files i don't need to scale because the fit me perfectly already. I am 6 ft tall, and all I can get is pep viewer so I cant change the scale.

So i guess an easy way to say it is are you 6ft tall? and if you are, did you have to scale any of those pieces?

You did a SAWEEEEEEET job on those by the way!!!!!!

nynjamasta said:
couple of questions. first, did you get all of those pep files from wiki? if not, could you point me the right direction?. Second, I was wondering how tall you were or if you had to scale them at all because I have found that most of the pep files i don't need to scale because the fit me perfectly already. I am 6 ft tall, and all I can get is pep viewer so I cant change the scale.

So i guess an easy way to say it is are you 6ft tall? and if you are, did you have to scale any of those pieces?
You did a SAWEEEEEEET job on those by the way!!!!!!

Thanks, the helm I didn't have to scale at all I think (FS's model) but everything else I had to scale. I'm 6' even 160 lbs with a light frame. Most of the files I got off the wiki, the pelvis, thighs and shins I did some searching to find the high res stuff. I can send you the files later (at work now), just pm me your email.

Last edited by a moderator:
crap. I already have all the files, it is just going to be a pain in the ass to scale them all. how much bigger/smaller were they for you? becouse I did the smae forarm and hand as you and they fit about right.

pooper: thanks for the PM I bought myself 2 cans of the stuff :)

nynjamasta said:
crap. I already have all the files, it is just going to be a pain in the ass to scale them all. how much bigger/smaller were they for you? becouse I did the smae forarm and hand as you and they fit about right.

My forearm piece i need to split it to get my hand into it if you can slip in and out its larger than mine is (relatively speaking) The chest was quite a bit smaller, and most of the pieces were as well, as all of the ones I got said they were scaled to master chief's proportions. The hand piece I scaled WAY down it was originally from my wrist to the 3rd knuckle of my middle finger!

Nuther update: I'm a proud father of a set of twin shin guards :) Coming in at 42.5 cm long and weighing around whatever a few sheets of cardstock weighs (soon to be much heavier)

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

I also got the amber LEDs in today :) 24 of them :) To light the suit I'm going to cut out the holes for the light, and cover it with cardstock and mount the leds behind the cardstock to diffuse the light to look like the game.
IMG_1008.jpg

Tomorrow after work: bondo resin and paint! (and more paper cutting .... sniper rifle this time!)

were did you find those shin guards? I don't think they are on wiki.

did you print the hands out in portrait? because if you did, you could have just printed them out in land scape and they might have fit you. Thats what I did. It seems as if I can print them in a certain paper orientation and It will fit me perfectly. :D

By the way... has any body ever thought of using carbon fiber for an even harder set of armor? expensive, but it sure would be tough. perfect for air soft or pain balling ...

Shins are made by crackhead (do some searching for it on the forums)

I don't think changing the paper orientation should give you different sizes... o_O

Carbon fiber sounds cool... but would be a B!TCH to work with (you have to bake the layers together in a pressure chamber)

I don't think changing the paper orientation should give you different sizes... o_O

It does. Trust me. I have done enogh folding to know. of course, it might just be these school printers :cautious:

By the way, why so many LEDs?

Because of the amount of lights (and even lighting needed):

Shoulders 1 light each
Chest 4 lights
thighs 2 lights each
calves 1 light each.

So that's a total of 12 illumination points. If I want any sense of a diffused glow (with enough intensity) i need to have 2 lights recessed about an inch behind the paper. So 24 leds. Even if i don't need to use all 24, I like having extra leds. :)

Nope, there are lights on the suit. I have 5mm amber leds for the suit. I bought 4 10mm high intensity white leds (mothers are bright as hell) for the helmet. I'm gonna have double throw switch so i can go between low and high beams (hehe) for pictures and ... utility?

nynjamasta said:
It does. Trust me. I have done enogh folding to know. of course, it might just be these school printers :cautious:

It might be you who forgot to change the printer settings to match the Pepakura settings. If your printer is set to Portrait and Pepakura is set to Landscape, it'll give you a different scale. But if they match (Landscape or Portrait, doesn't even matter what setting it is) the scale will come out the way you set it to be.

Always make sure that the settings match!

And more pictures :)

So after getting back from bike riding (40 miles) I got to work on the armor again.

I resined the shins:
IMG_1014.jpg

And finished bondo-ing the chest and one of the forearms.
IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

And added some battle damage :) (and any other nicks that i missed from bondo and sanding are also 'battle damage' lol
IMG_1010.jpg

After priming the chest piece:
IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

Pre weathered pieces (using new paint):
IMG_1013.jpg

Thats about it for now... gonna go back out soon >< so much stuff to do I have 3 other things I can do while something is drying or curing yet I'm posting this heh...

And the amount of chip brushes I've used is insane (this is probably only 1/4 of the project's use)
IMG_1015.jpg

Ugh after this posting I'm conking out for a few hours...

Anyhoo, thanks shade!

I would LOVE to make this Elite quiality, but I just can't afford to go slow right now... the deadline is in 5 days O.O *ahhh*

Anyhow, here's the front chest piece after the silver coat

IMG_1019.jpg

And I was sitting there with the green paint trying to figure out how to mask the battle damage, when a trick i remembered popped into my head (I think I read it here somewhere about using mustard) it just has to be thick and water based.
IMG_1020.jpg

After mustarding:
IMG_1021.jpg

And after the green coat:
IMG_1024.jpg

Oh also the first forearm has been primed :)
IMG_1023.jpg

Alright time to pass out... I've probably absorbed enough organic solvents to kill a midget... ugh...

Ender, do you think that you could PM me the numbers you used to scale your armor? either that or the actual files. it just sems like we are about the same size, soooo....

No problem, I wish I could just get off my lazy butt, and start fiberglassing my Mk. V armour. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back