EOD Recruit Custom Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
rustoleum mirror effect...nice, thanks!
I meant to ask what type of paint, sorry for seeming ignorant.:)

rustoleum mirror effect...nice, thanks!
I meant to ask what type of paint, sorry for seeming ignorant.:)

No worries, dude. It's in a smaller can so keep an eye out for that if you get some. I was staring at it for ten minutes at the store before I realized it was in a smaller can. There are some other brands that do the same thing so I don't know what size their spray can is.

Great job on the helmet! The helmet and the visor are very impressive, but as for the neck piece on the helmet, I was wondering... wouldn't it be better to use foam for that?
Would definitely be more practical and comfortable when wearing - it's flexible, so it could bend if you'd move your head.

- Palmer

Great job on the helmet! The helmet and the visor are very impressive, but as for the neck piece on the helmet, I was wondering... wouldn't it be better to use foam for that?
Would definitely be more practical and comfortable when wearing - it's flexible, so it could bend if you'd move your head.

- Palmer

A good recommendation for sure. Right now, with the pepakura neck piece, I still have full range of motion for my head. Haven't run into any difficulties there yet, even looking straight up. If there are difficulties in the future then the neck piece is a quick fix, so I'll have an alternative. Thank you for commenting!

Shoulders, biceps and triceps all assembled. And the weather is perfect to start resining.
IMG_1661.JPG

I've had a fiasco with ordering materials to continue building and the wrong stuff is sent to me. Hopefully I will have everything I need to slush cast the shoulders this weekend.

you still haven't given us a completed helmet photoshoot....;)

Yeah... the devil's in the details. I realized I've passed the six month mark for building the whole suit. Want to have it ready for Dragoncon in September, so that means I need to make a lot more progress to hit that goal. The helmet is wearable but I've got a lot of interior work to make it snug and comfortable. And the final weathering won't occur until the rest of the suit is ready so I can do it all at once and maintain continuity across the pieces.

The helmet looks awesome!! What are you going to use to clean up the edges?

The helmet looks awesome!! What are you going to use to clean up the edges?

I'm thinking I may resort to a bit of filing to get straighter lines on the crevices and a few protruding edges, then a combination of tape, paint, brushes and toothpicks in small sections.

Here's what I squeezed in tonight right before it got dark. Sealed the last few seams in the shoulder pieces. I'm about to rondo for the first time. Really looking forward to it.

IMG_1753.JPG

Couldn't wait. I made a batch of rondo and slush cast the first shoulder. Once the interior got a good coat I laid some fiberglass mesh in there for increased structural support.

IMG_1754.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back