Escaping Assinations, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper114

This had happend to me once. I was playing invasion on the Spire and suddenly a elite comes up behind me and tries to assinate me. Suddenly my spartan elbows the elite in the face and gets him of before he finishes his kill and I get free. When the elite got me i got spooked abit and pressed some buttons on my controler so i thought maybe pressing B or some other button would work. I tested this with a friend and it doesn't work. This still keeps me wondering how it happened. It was not a glitch, i clearly saw my spartan elbow the elite in the face. Another one of my frieds later told me that it happened to him only he was assinating the other player. The guy actualy slid between his legs and got away. Another of my friends said maybe its a kill ratio, maybe after every 1000 one is unsuccesfull.

I was a idiot for not storing the video immediatly and it was lost. :angry

My question to you all, has this happened to any of you before?

I believe it's a kill ratio of where it only happens every so often, for me when I attempt to do a Assisination I always end up just wacking them in the head unless it's a grunt.

Ok, and pardon incase you do understand, i was already in a assination scene, where your supposed to see your character get knifed and i was just lucky enough to see my guy be able to get away. I am also going along with a ratio, maybe 1 out of 100 or so assinations is a fail.

this only happens when the shields of the person who's assassinating go down. Or he gets killed.

this only happens when the shields of the person who's assassinating go down. Or he gets killed.

^
THIS

When the person who assasinates gets killed before any "Harm" is done to the other player, the other player escapes. Happens all the time. There is a medal for it called "Show Stopper!", which indicates you saved the life of the one being assassinated.

Yoink is another medal for killing the one being assassinated before he's even assassinated.

^
THIS

When the person who assasinates gets killed before any "Harm" is done to the other player, the other player escapes. Happens all the time. There is a medal for it called "Show Stopper!", which indicates you saved the life of the one being assassinated.

Yoink is another medal for killing the one being assassinated before he's even assassinated.

^
But that still doesn't explain the spartan elbowing the assassinator?
I've never got elbowed while assassinating before.
Neither have i elbow anyone assassinating me.
:S

I've heard that if you pres the assassinate button at EXACTLY the same moment as the attacker you will do an anti assassination.

i havnt heard that before... ill have to give it a shot. but trooper what shoulder did you get assassinated on? bc that makes a difference btw a beatdown or an assassination. if it was the right you probably elbowed(meleed) into him then started the assassination scene.

I've seen the "Show Stopper", but never an active escape. But I've wondered if it's possible. They went through all that work for an assassination animation, it would've made sense for them to have made an anti-assassination animation.

It was a in a assination animation, the elite came from behind me (my back) and as soon as the elite took out his blade and tried to get my neck, my character got him in the face. It was only me and him in that area where the core is at on Spire, he didn't die, i didn't die, and there was no medal. My friend was going to assinate someone and the guy he was trying to assinate sliped down and slid between his legs, and again both him and the attacker where alive and there was no medal. As for pressing the melee button as soon as he assinates me, i tried it with my friend, elite v elite, elite v spartan, and spartan v spartan, 5 times each. I think it has to be a kill ratio for assinations. But i still incourge all of you to try and find, maybe a combonation or maybe i was pressing the button a little to late.

sounds like lag to me.

I've never seen anyone escape an assassination except through outside intervention.

Thats what i thought, but it dosen't explain the escape animation. Plus the fact the it happend to one of my friends and the other day one of my other friends told me something similar happened to him. It has to be a kill ration, no doubt about it.

Thats just it, my dumba** foregot to save it! :angry
And i tried looking it up on youtube and i can't find any thing! Its agrivating not being able to show proof. :angry Sorry :(

The only time I did was when I was playing with my phones internet connection (not that bad acutally) and a guy was weak and backed up and I was trying to kill another guy he went to assassinate me and he appeared it front of me and I beat him down and it went into the assassination animation and half way through died ill upload it to my fileshare sometime in the next couple of days gt:LightningBen211 also I was an elite I think there is an anti-assassination Bungies kool like that

you don't need to be third party to get 'show stopper!' i did it my self while being assasinated with a grenade (i died but i still got the metal and a kill.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back