EVA Foam M6C/SOCOM Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that image shows all required pieces per each half and is mirrored to form the other side. A few details change in the underslung section between the halfs but are otherwise a perfect mirror.

I knew it!

Should of brought some craft foam today... lol whoops

- - - Updated - - -

At least I can make the eva part today :D

I knew it!

Should of brought some craft foam today... lol whoops

- - - Updated - - -

At least I can make the eva part today :D
In the early posts where I tossed up build pictures you can see the two halves with my 0.5" EVA in black and 2mm craft foam in blue.

In the early posts where I tossed up build pictures you can see the two halves with my 0.5" EVA in black and 2mm craft foam in blue.

Being Australian Inches hurt me but I have a calculator and 12mm eva is 0.472441 inches exactly so should be good and I will go out and get some 2 and 3mm craft foam tomorrow.

Today the construction of my first ever prop weapon begins.. will it go well probably not.. gunna try :D

Is the trigger moveable or static. Personally I don't care which way I do it, its a prop. Just curious.
With the current foam build it's just glued in place, a slot could be drilled and a guide pin and spring installed to make it movable. That being said there'd probably need to be added support structure to make sure that pulling the trigger doesn't collapse the grip. I'd say it's definitely worth a try though.

With the current foam build it's just glued in place, a slot could be drilled and a guide pin and spring installed to make it movable. That being said there'd probably need to be added support structure to make sure that pulling the trigger doesn't collapse the grip. I'd say it's definitely worth a try though.

Oh yeah would have to carve it all out and get it working before I glue the other side on otherwise it would be a pain but yeah it would be worth a shot. Maybe I will do it the second time around. Whats better than an ODST with 1 m6c/socm?

An ODST with two of them. DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DIE COVY SCUM!

Oh yeah would have to carve it all out and get it working before I glue the other side on otherwise it would be a pain but yeah it would be worth a shot. Maybe I will do it the second time around. Whats better than an ODST with 1 m6c/socm?

An ODST with two of them. DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DIE COVY SCUM!
I have a BR for more dakka but hey, akimbo is just more badass

I've just finished off my ODST armour and have been going to photo days and conventions in the last month using a Jasman Plasma Pistol, ewww gross covvy tech I know, but have decided that I've got a weekend puppy sitting with nothing much else to do I should make a more suiting weapon for an elite trooper. I spent a bit of time fiddling around with Inkscape this evening and plan on getting everything underway sometime tomorrow night.

View attachment 31193
I've got a load of foam, my trusty rotary tool and a butt load of X-Acto blades ready to go. See you all on the other side!

I've printed out the picture here which is actually slightly bigger than your pdf for me. PDF came out at about 10.4 inches on A4 through my printer and 10.6 for the original JPG here. I am going to do a vector graphic for you in Inkscape incase anyone else decides they want to make it and won't have difficulty scaling it for themselves.

aww yeah, nice shooting tex. will you be adding a lazer pointer to it for a sight?

aww yeah, nice shooting tex. will you be adding a lazer pointer to it for a sight?

There's no laser pointer in this one unfortunately but I've got plans in the works.

As a sort of related aside, this ODST costume won me first place in a costume contest which came with some cold hard cash which turned itself into babby's first 3D printer. I'm looking at making the Mk.II version of the pistol using that new toy and have all lights (flashlight, laser, side indicators and iron sights) powered on by a pressure switch behind the trigger.

There's no laser pointer in this one unfortunately but I've got plans in the works.

As a sort of related aside, this ODST costume won me first place in a costume contest which came with some cold hard cash which turned itself into babby's first 3D printer. I'm looking at making the Mk.II version of the pistol using that new toy and have all lights (flashlight, laser, side indicators and iron sights) powered on by a pressure switch behind the trigger.
what method you going to use to power it?

what method you going to use to power it?

I haven't looked into the power draw for everything but it'll most likely be a LiPo battery pack stored somewhere in the receiver to allow the slide to move. Like I said, this is just in the planning stages now so things are floating in the brainbox for how this is all going to work.

LIth cells are deadly in there raw form.

You can get controll boards that limit over and undervoltage and temp and current. but a easy fix. use a power bank! .

for no other reason then it accepts in 5V and uses off the rack Micro USB. and it puts out 5V * FLAT * untill its dead . the int circuuts take are of the safety stuff.
as a bonus the flat out put is predictable . things wont loose there brightness as the con goes on .

LIth cells are deadly in there raw form.

You can get controll boards that limit over and undervoltage and temp and current. but a easy fix. use a power bank! .

for no other reason then it accepts in 5V and uses off the rack Micro USB. and it puts out 5V * FLAT * untill its dead . the int circuuts take are of the safety stuff.
as a bonus the flat out put is predictable . things wont loose there brightness as the con goes on .

Definitely good tips to anyone that jumps into the thread.

I've had a fair bit of experience with electronics through my university career so I'm no stranger to playing around with a batteries and random control boards. The good news is I have some Adafruit and DigiKey surfing in my not so distant future. I might derail whole foam build thing of this thread as I figure out specific components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back