exporting the Pep files to 3D file help!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEN B023

Jr Member
Hey guys, I have used of Mastercam and Solidworks and wanted to export the M6 pistol file to be able to open with one of these systems to then convert to an .STL file to do a 3D plastic print(I know, cool right). However when i exported the files(I paid the fee) from Pep it tries to include the unfolds....so i click that off, but then i can't export just the 3d pistol itself. So what am I doing wrong? Any experts out there that can get me a 3d file of some kind. I only have a few days left to print this out so any help would be appreciated.

It a fair trade I can help with writing toolpaths etc to "carve" out things for you guys as well or 3d print the small armor pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

What are you trying to export it as? I think in order to get the model you need to export it as .obj, and then you'll have to use another program to convert that into an .stl.

Don't forget to get permission from the modeler's first to use their 3d file.

If you're looking for any old file to practice with, I've got a Reach handplate 3d file that I've yet to see carved or printed. I think it needs a little work to make it a closed object for CNC or print but it's available if you'd like it.

I am probably not doing it right...but if i export as a .obj file or any 3d one...it exports ALL of the stuff...like the parts that are unfolded even??? I just want the model itself ya know? I will get permission once i figure out how to do it. But this could mean big things if i can figure it out.

Thanks in advance guys..

I've sent you a PM Ben, A while back I had a M6 3D Model commissioned but was never able to do anything else from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back